Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 day! :combust:

For all of those going to tonight's show in DC, and especially to lancemc (I was hoping to be able to read your review before I left for Philly in the morning, but I probably won't be able to now) I hope you have a great time. :yes:

I'll probably be writing my review as soon as I get back here, and it'll be posted on the Interference main features page. I'm so excited for this show. You shall all know my fullest impression as soon as humanly possible.

Good stuff. I tried my hardest to get tix for this show (and failed miserably) so I want to know what I missed out on. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Good stuff. I tried my hardest to get tix for this show (and failed miserably) so I want to know what I missed out on. :wink:

I just picked up my ticket from will call, and they were having a ticket drop at the box office.

scored some tickets earlier and just checked ticketmaster now and they have single tickets available. they had Box 44 and box seats are nice. not too late to get tickets!! enjoy the show.

bayou12780 said:
scored some tickets earlier and just checked ticketmaster now and they have single tickets available. they had Box 44 and box seats are nice. not too late to get tickets!! enjoy the show.

And 14th row doubles are also coming up now.

Alright, I'm way too tired to write my full review tonight, but expect to see it on the site sometime tomorrow.

But in breif:

I'm highly tempted to say this was the best show I've ever seen. If not that, than it was definitely the most energized by far. I've never seen a band play that wildly or enthusiastically in my life.

The entire thing was absolutely perfect, Win's voice was solid, and the setlist was magnificant.

And here's the biggest thing. I'm madly in love with Regine now. I always realllllllly liked her before, but after tonight, I'm seriously angered that she's a married woman. But there was a time during Power Out where she was standing about 8 feet in front of me and I was jumping up and down wildly waving my hands in the air and mouthing "I LOVE YOU" over and over again (I had alread lost my voice by this point in the show and she wouldn't have been able to hear the words anyway) and I'm pretty damn sure she looked right at me and smiled. :cute::love::combust:

That pretty much made my year right there. I took some photos on my shitty camera phone too. I'll upload them as well tomorrow.

Oh, here's the setlist from tonights show (as far as I remember it :uhoh: )

Black Mirror
No Cars Go
Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
Neon Bible
Haiti (This is when I fall in love with Regine for all time)
Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations
Windowsill
The Well and the Lighthouse
Ocean Of Noise
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
Neighborhood #4 (Power Out) (This is when I like to believe Regine smiled at me in particular)
Rebellion (Lies)
Keep The Car Running

Encore:

Intervention
Wake Up

Overall, this was a killer set. I was slightly let down not to hear Antichrist Television Blues or My Body is a Cage, but hearing Wake Up was definitely worth the loss of those two.

Agreed - great concert. I had a 4th row aisle seat, and people kept standing in my seat space :mad:. Some sound issues, with Win frequently tell the sound guy to adjust something. And Regine is awesome too.

Some pics I took (reduced from original size):

WIN4_UL.jpg

REG1_UL.jpg

RR1_UL.jpg

Last edited:
:combust: That was awesome. I'm so ready for tomorrow it's not even funny.

*wishes for My Body Is A Cage + Wake Up* :pray:

Thanks for the review, Lance. :up:

Thanks for the pics, ntalwar. :yes:

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!!!!

holy fucking shit i cannot even collect my thoughts. i'll just say that this gave EVERY u2 and radiohead show i've ever seen a run for its money, which i think speaks volumes and should be enough for the people on this board. seriously, GO SEE THIS BAND.

the show went from 'great' to 'legendary' between tunnels and power out when win told the crowd to move into the aisles. oh yeah, 'shit got real' after that. me and my friend ditched our seats in the 13th row (behind some lameo dc hipster fucks who were SITTING DOWN) and got nice & close behind the first section of seats with some other real fans who also upgraded their viewing location.

power out->rebellion (lies)->keep the car running->[encore break]->intervention->wake up was one of the greatest prolonged musicgasms i've ever experienced. by the shows end, i was sweaty, exhausted, hoarse from screaming, and my musical soul had been saved, at least for one night.

oh yeah, the national were supercool! boxer is like, my 2nd or 3rd favourite album of 2007 (after, you know)

hey ntalwar: AWESOME PICS!!

I also went to the show last night in DC. I had seen them once before in Seattle (Sept. 05), but last nights show was mind blowing.

I thought the entire show was good, but everything after tunnels was epic.

Both times I have seen them it absolutely blows my mind that a good portion of their members rotate through the various instruments and they hold their sounds as they do. I find that to be very impressive.

If you have never seen this band and they are coming to a city near you, sell whatever you have to in order to go see them. I have been fortunate enough to see some really good musicians and I can say that TAF's show is in the top 3 I have ever seen.

I'm leaving in 90 minutes... :combust: I'm about to have my soul rocked, for reals. :up: I'll give my review tomorrow night, since I'll be hanging out for an extra day there. I'll have pics ready too. :yes:

Damn, I don't think I've ever been this nervously excited this early before a show, except for U2. :drool:

Thanks for the reviews everyone and, ntalwar - those are fabulous photos! I myself am not as excited about a stage rush since I'm 3rd row on the aisle. :uhoh:

Oh man I'm getting so excited now - 3 more days! :hyper:

Lancemc said:
I'm highly tempted to say this was the best show I've ever seen. If not that, than it was definitely the most energized by far. I've never seen a band play that wildly or enthusiastically in my life.

totally agree with the energy level - they were into it and the crowd was great. i think win said several times the crowd was amazing and thanked us about 3 times for coming out. i think they were just a little overwhelmed with the crowd response. very cool.

The entire thing was absolutely perfect, Win's voice was solid, and the setlist was magnificent.
Have to say that I thought Win struggled at times - I'd say he's at 90% right now - still in recovery from the surgery. That said, he was also having problems with his mic - as ntalwar noted. He came over to soundboard at least 3 times and was mouthing to the sound engineer several other times. At soundcheck, when they tested each mic, that one sounded really low. Surprised they didn't catch it. They need to really make his mic a priority since it is hard for a tenor/baritone to get over an orchestra - unless you're an opera singer. :wink:

And here's the biggest thing. I'm madly in love with Regine now.

You just liked her uh... white boots! Regine was lovely - voice sounded great and she has a very nice stage presence. And the girl can dance.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
Encore:

Intervention
Wake Up

Overall, this was a killer set. I was slightly let down not to hear Antichrist Television Blues or My Body is a Cage, but hearing Wake Up was definitely worth the loss of those two.

Agreed! I think Win realized he needed to do Wake Up or we weren't gonna leave!! Also found it interesting that most of the folks knew the Funeral songs word for word but very few knew Neon Bible. So it would be cool to go to a concert near the end of the tour to see how they catch on.

bollox said:

oh yeah, the national were supercool! boxer is like, my 2nd or 3rd favourite album of 2007 (after, you know)

The National was excellent. Nice writeup on them in the weekend Express here. The folks around us had not heard them before and after every song they would say "holy shit" or "that was amazing", etc. So it was nice to know that they were winning over some new fans.

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2007/05/dark_victory_the_national_spin_moody_poe.php

Pop Artist said:
Thanks for the reviews everyone and, ntalwar - those are fabulous photos! I myself am not as excited about a stage rush since I'm 3rd row on the aisle. :uhoh:

Oh man I'm getting so excited now - 3 more days! :hyper:

Thanks. Enjoy your personal space while you have it, and before two people try to share it with you (while dancing :wink:).

ntalwar said:

Enjoy your personal space while you have it, and before two people try to share it with you (while dancing :wink:).

ahhh, shades of U2 at Aloha. I was wondering how that was going to go for the folks who had orchestra seats. Luckily you got the great pics before you were overrun!

bayou12780 said:

ahhh, shades of U2 at Aloha. I was wondering how that was going to go for the folks who had orchestra seats. Luckily you got the great pics before you were overrun!

Thanks for the photo comments. I kept snapping away with people bumping into me though :wink:. I was overrun from the start, as 2-3 guards tried desperately to clear the aisle (before Win said to come up). Funny thing is, security seemed more concerned about my DSLR than they did about people crowding the aisle. I got a couple of warnings - the 2nd one was a guy saying "what are you doooin??" - lol.

bayou12780 said:

Ohhh yeahhh...I know about that all too well, I was Orange Sec K on the aisle for that one too - that was the aisle leading down to the field, the standing and crowding was crazy!

bayou12780 said:

The National was excellent. Nice writeup on them in the weekend Express here. The folks around us had not heard them before and after every song they would say "holy shit" or "that was amazing", etc. So it was nice to know that they were winning over some new fans.

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2007/05/dark_victory_the_national_spin_moody_poe.php

when the singer announced "fake empire" there was a slight cheer from the crowd. he then said "i think some of you have downloaded our new album" paused a second then said "thank you!" i thought that was great.

actually, after the show my friend (who had not heard them before) asked me to burn her a copy of boxer, ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom