Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux" - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #286
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Edit: Oh.. and also, is it just me or is the production a little muddled on this album? There doesn't seem to be much of an improvement from the leaked tunes on the original CD.
i downloaded the 160 kbps leak, then the 320 kbps leak and then the flac - i couldnt hear any big difference either.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #287
Refugee

Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
I'm finally starting to love My Body Is A Cage.
Agreed.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #288
Refugee

To be fair, they DID produce most of the album by themselves, as I recall. So it's certainly not bad for a first try, on an indie label's budget nonetheless.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 PM   #289
The Male

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24
To be fair, they DID produce most of the album by themselves, as I recall. So it's certainly not bad for a first try, on an indie label's budget nonetheless.
Who produced Funeral? That one sounded a lot better.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 PM   #290
Thom's Bitch

Local Time: 03:36 AM
I think the production is fine. The work done on songs such as No Cars Go is fabulous. Maybe I dont know what to look for though!

Speaking of No Cars Go...I am yet to find a good live version of that song yet to match the intensity of the studio one. I guess recreating all those sounds might be too hard in a live setting. Its also early days in terms on the Neon Bible tour. I only hope it improves as the tour progresses!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:

Yeah, the production is mediocre.
the production is horrible....the drums sound muffled ....I'll stop
Old 03-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
the production is horrible....the drums sound muffled ....I'll stop
Yeah, it definitely sounds muffled or muddled... or a word like that.

In other news, it is still much better than say, HTDAAB's "we rock you with our ear piercing volume" production.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #293
The Male

Local Time: 09:36 AM
Quote:

In other news, it is still much better than say, HTDAAB's "we rock you with our ear piercing volume" production.
Ehhhhhhh...I don't know about that, exactly. At least you could hear everything that was going on during HTDDAB. And really well.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I hate the intro to "All because you you"....
the Edge and your loud piercing guitar....
Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #295
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Ehhhhhhh...I don't know about that, exactly. At least you could hear everything that was going on during HTDDAB. And really well.
My only gripe really with HTDAAB production wise is Vertigo, ABOY and Crumbs to an extent I think. COBL sounds fine to me despite complaints on this site. Vertigo and ABOY are the worst!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

My only gripe really with HTDAAB production wise is Vertigo, ABOY and Crumbs to an extent I think. COBL sounds fine to me despite complaints on this site. Vertigo and ABOY are the worst!
the production on COBL is garbage....you can't hear the Edges beautiful guitar....
Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #297
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
the production on COBL is garbage....you can't hear the Edges beautiful guitar....
that's cos edge's guitar only shines in the live versions. Studio version has the syrupy piano.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:46 PM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

well I'll just leave and say that I hate the production. on HTDAAB and Neon Bible
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

It's official...#2 on Billboard (92,000 copies):

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003557829

Quote:
Notorious B.I.G. Scores Another 'Great' On The Billboard 200
Notorious B.I.G.
March 14, 2007, 10:20 AM ET
Katie Hasty, N.Y.
For the first time since November, five of the top 10 albums on The Billboard 200 this week are debuts. The strongest of these, the late Notorious B.I.G.'s "Greatest Hits," bows at No. 1 selling 99,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The Bad Boy release is the rapper's third chart-topper, his second posthumously, and features two previously unreleased tracks, "Running Your Mouth" and "Want That Old Thing Back." The rapper, born Christopher Wallace, was murdered ten years ago almost to the date, on March 9, 1997.

Montreal-based rock troupe Arcade Fire scores its best charting and sales week ever with the No. 2 bow of sophomore Merge set "Neon Bible." Moving 92,000, the set trumps the No. 131 peak of the seven-piece's debut, "Funeral." Thirty percent of the new album's sales were fueled by sales via digital retailers. "Neon Bible" also crowns the Top Independent Albums and Top Rock Albums tallies.

After crowning the big chart last week, Daughtry's self-titled RCA debut slips to No. 3 with a 9% sales dip at 82,000 copies. Akon's "Konvicted" (SRC/Universal) drops 3-4 with 76,000 with a 3% sales boost.

Another "Greatest Hits" bows in the top tier this week, as country crooner Gary Allan's MCA Nashville set moved 70,000 at No. 5. It's the artist's second-best charting album, as 2005's "Tough All Over" peaked at No. 3, and his second set at the summit on the Top Country Albums chart.

Gotee Records' "Five Score and Seven Years Ago" from Ohio punk-pop group Relient K debuts at No. 6 on The Billboard 200 with 64,000, a high-water mark in both respects for the five-piece. The band's last "MMHMM" debuted and peaked at No. 15 on the big chart in 2004 with 51,000.

Norah Jones' "Not Too Late" (Blue Note) falls 2-7 with 59,000 (-19%) while Fall Out Boy's "Infinity on High" (Island) descends 4-8 with 58,000 (-14%).

Korn earns its seventh top 10 hit with "MTV Unplugged," which enters at No. 9 with 51,000. The hard-rock group has previously led the chart with 1998's "Follow the Leader" and 1999's "Issues," while its last effort (last year's "See You on the Other Side") bowed at No. 3.

Robin Thicke's Interscope album "The Evolution of Robin Thicke" rounds out the top tier, slipping 5-10 with 47,000 (-17%).

Sevendust's "Alpha," released via the band's own Seven Bros. imprint, starts at No. 14 with 42,000, becoming rock band's eighth set on the chart. "Alpha" is the follow-up to 2005's "Home," which debuted and peaked at No. 20.

Other big debuts this week include Finger Eleven's "Them Vs. You Vs. Me" (Wind-Up, No. 31, 19,000), Air's "Pocket Symphony" (Astralwerks, No. 40, 17,000) and Chimaira's "Resurrection" (Ferret, No. 42, 16,000), all of which are charting bests for those bands.

In a second week straight where no album cracks 100,000 copies, album sales are up 2% from last week's total at 8.66 million units and down 19% compared to the same week last year. Overall album sales for the year are down 16.4% from last year at 90.7 million units.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:36 AM
Quote:
The only thing I can think of that I'm not thrilled about with this band is (no way is it even close to "hate") the lead singer's (Win Butler?) voice.
I've been dying to post this, but I didn't want to be a raincloud with all the Arcade Fire love going around. But, since it has now been brought up . . . .

I am fine with Win's voice, I actually like his voice, but Regine's makes me want to poke out my eardrums with a SPORK!!!!

I HATE HER "SINGING"!!! It is so God-awful on the Arcade Fire EP and Funeral . . . . it's beyond words. She is so out of tune it's not even funny.

I couldn't stand Arcade Fire the first few times I heard them because I somehow managed to only hear the Regine-in-lead-vocals songs on Funeral. I had Funeral on my iPod for months and months before I, like all the masses, discovered "Wake Up" a la the Vertigo tour.

If she never "sang" again, even back-up, that would make me the happiest boy!!!

Tags
arcade fire, neon bible