Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anu said:

Here is the set list if anyone is interested:
1) Black Mirror
2) No Cars Go (New version)
3) Haiti
4) Wake Up
5) My Body is a Cage
6) Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
7) Intervention
8) Ocean of Noise
9) Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
10) Power Out
11) Rebellion (Lies)
12) Antichrist Television Blues
13) Keep the Car Running
End of Show
First Encore: The Well and the Lighthouse
Leaves stage again.
Second Encore: Neon Bible

:cute: 8 days to go!

bayou12780 said:
LM - got any extra tickets?

Sorry, I don't. I got up extra early to get on ticketmaster right on time just to get the two I had...it was sold out in minutes. :(

martha said:
Tuesday night in LA. I'm on the freaking benches, and my butt will hurt, but I'm going.

I'm in section B for the same night... I would have gotten better seats had I not been stupid and accidentally closed my browser...

Oh well, so excited!

LemonMelon said:

Sorry, I don't. I got up extra early to get on ticketmaster right on time just to get the two I had...it was sold out in minutes. :(
thanks. i was on a plane so missed out. guess it's back to ebay...i'll just have to pay the big bucks.

Anu said:
Apparently, the Arcade Fire tour resumed in San Diego last night!!!

I see them in 5 days!!!

from those active AF boards:

No it was just a book with blank pages.
Here is the set list if anyone is interested:
1) Black Mirror
2) No Cars Go (New version)
3) Haiti
4) Wake Up
5) My Body is a Cage
6) Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
7) Intervention
8) Ocean of Noise
9) Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
10) Power Out
11) Rebellion (Lies)
12) Antichrist Television Blues
13) Keep the Car Running
End of Show
First Encore: The Well and the Lighthouse
Leaves stage again.
Second Encore: Neon Bible

:hyper:

An amazing show last night. They just blew the doors off the place...such passion and talent there. I had heard that they were great live....but WOW!!

Westport said:

:hyper:

An amazing show last night. They just blew the doors off the place...such passion and talent there. I had heard that they were great live....but WOW!!

Brilliant!! I havent got round to buying the new CD yet so this was a great way to hear some of it for the first time. Superb show. See you at 'The Greek'

Cool clip here ...

http://www.blogotheque.net/article.php3?id_article=2867

(Not from San Diego)

Was at a Borders yesterday and thumbed through the new blender with Arcade Fire on the cover.......I love the new album; but I have also noticed that Win Butler is going out of his way to shit on U2 recently to portray himself as the "real thing" which I'm always suspicious of. Anyways I read a quote where Butler mentions that he's not about selling himself as an image or something like that and the quote is "Like Bono and his fucking shades" The interviewer asks, "What about Bono and his fucking shades" Butler then says that he's like to keep the shittalking to a minimum in this piece.

I can't help but be pissed off and think "Why can't he just allow his music to speak for itself, why oh why must he try his hand at the I'm the real thing, not like those other guys" typical bullshit posturing... Maybe he's sick of every rock critic saying his performances are extremely evocative of Bono......the last reference I saw was from EW (yeah I know, not the paragon of rock and roll integrity) talking about their performance at Coachella.

That was one thing that I always liked about Thom Yorke and Radiohead, that they did their thing even while the majority of the elitist rock critics loved to say the words "Better than U2".
Thoughts? Oh and if Arcade Fire play Austin City Limits this year, I would be extremely happy since I saw them play there about 3 years ago...

EdgeVox said:
Oh and if Arcade Fire play Austin City Limits this year, I would be extremely happy since I saw them play there about 3 years ago...

They'll be there, I'm pretty sure. We'll know for sure on May 15th. Look out for my yearly ACL thread.

Oh, and it was two years ago, 2005. And it was wonderfulllllllll.

Arcade Fire's vital vibe even inspires their fans to improvise

By Nina Garin
STAFF WRITER

April 28, 2007

Some people turn to religion for comfort. Others turn to drink. And somewhere in the middle, there are those who choose the Arcade Fire.

The spirituality that the indie-rock band captures on its latest album, “Neon Bible,” turned even more powerful Thursday night when the group performed at downtown's Spreckels Theatre, where a spontaneous pit broke out.

Throughout its 90-minute set, the 10 musicians used violins, French horns, xylophones, screaming voices, an accordion, a hurdy-gurdy and even a motorcycle helmet to fill the theater with its brand of hauntingly uplifting music.
So it didn't take very long for the intimate Spreckels to turn into a sort of sanctuary, with songs about death and family to soothe the soul.

As soon as the group opened with the first few notes of “Black Mirror,” most of the post-college-age crowd began to sing and dance in the aisles.

This reaction doesn't just happen in San Diego, where the band opened its North American tour that stops at Coachella tonight.

Since Montreal's Arcade Fire released its debut, “Funeral” in 2004, the group has brought creativity and experimentation back to alternative music. David Bowie and Bono are among its fans. Even Lorne Michaels had enough faith to put the relatively unknown band on “Saturday Night Live” recently.

In concert, the band's endless energy is infectious.

Win Butler led the group with his tense singing behind violins and horns, while drummers skipped around the stage banging their sticks on the speakers and the floor.

Every now and then, Butler's wife, Régine Chassagne, would put down her accordion and run off to play keyboards or sit behind the drum kit.

Even in the quieter moments, there was power.

When Chassagne moved around the stage like a flamenco dancer and took over the microphone to sing “Haiti,” her delicate soprano was just as engrossing as all the sights on stage.

So before long, the crowd couldn't just stand in place anymore. A big group rushed the stage just to get closer to the musical ministers.

As the band performed the popular “Neighborhood #3 (Power Out),” a few fans jumped over the barrier so they could dance in the big, empty space between the seats and the stage.

A few minutes later, more people jumped over.

And within a few seconds, the pit area became a tightly packed dance party.

Of course, security stepped in. The men in black showed up halfway through the fiery “Rebellion (Lies)” and tried to usher people back to their seats.

When Butler saw his conclave getting kicked out, he initially urged security, “Hey, don't.” But he quickly realized it would be more effective to just jump in the pit.

So as the violinists played their eerie notes and the drummers banged about, Butler walked through the pit, where his congregation of fans reached out to him as if he were their own personal savior.

If anyone is to take over the musical pulpit, it seems Butler and his fellow Canadians are more than worthy.

Not only are they musically daring, the band is charitable, too.

Before playing “Intervention,” Butler announced that one dollar from every ticket sold would go to Partners In Health, an organization that provides free medical care to people in Haiti.

The band finished its inspiring set singing the low-key “Neon Bible,” while percussionist William Butler tore pages out of a book (the Bible?) in time to the music.

Music, at least for one night, was enough to comfort the band's believers.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/

BonoManiac said:

Mike are you going to the first or second show? I'll be at the second one.
I'll be at the Saturday show with a friend coming up from Vermont, but I'm going to try and get a Sunday ticket as well.

In other words if they have a last-minute 50 tickets kind of deal again I'll do it :wink:

In San Diego, they took the stage at 9:00...but the tickets had the show starting at 7:00 and the warm up band was different. So...:shrug:

OMFG. I saw the Atlanta show last night. Probably one of the best three shows I've ever seen. And I've seen three U2 shows.

During "Rebellion", one of the drummer guys climbed up the railing of the section leading up to the balcony. He stumbled a couple times, but he held onto members of the crowd, and at the top he was standing on the railing about 40 feet in the air. Reminded me of the stories of Bono climbing up the rafters in their early days. Freakin' incredible show.:drool: :drool: :drool:

Mr. MIKEphisto said:
How's Wins voice sounding?

I thought it sounded pretty good. You can tell he's not going all out. But he did a little screaming. :drool:

No drastic difference.

9 days :hyper:

truck015df2.jpg

2 days :drool: :drool: :drool:

They NEED to play Wake Up. I won't be crushed per se if they don't, but if they do, it certainly will complete my experience. :combust:

Anu said:
People should really visit the AF forums where incredible discussions go down, setlists get shared, etc.

So apparently they come on stage around 9:20, and play for 90 minutes. And they call on the crowd to come up front after a few songs :ohmy:. Hopefully it won't get too cramped up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom