Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just bought my ticket to see them in a festival in Nyon, Switzerland, in July. Bjork will be playing the same night as well. It's going to be so :combust: I can't wait!

BonoManiac said:

There are some boots by other artists that sound slow and unexciting but when seen live blow your socks off.

For me, Arcade Fire was one of those bands. Prior to seeing them for the first time open for U2 in Ottawa I had downloaded some live boots of them in U2. Good but not great. However, the Ottawa performance was good but in Montreal they literally had the crowd in the palm of their hands by the end of their set.

My opinion of them as a live band was enhanced after seeing them in a small venue in February. Truly extraordinary. I'm not very eloquent in describing such things, but suffice it to say, they touched me like very few bands have in the past—including my beloved U2.

Again music is subjective so you'll only have to see them before you can form your own opinion. As for the NPR broadcast, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I agree, they weren't "ON" that night. That can be attributed to many things, one of which could be they were nervous about being perfect for the listening audience around the world.

All I'm saying is don't judge a book by it's cover. If you can't get into Arcade Fire, great, at least you tried. But give them a chance, at least live. They are fantastic.

Thank you. This was a very helpful post. :)

(Unusual for Interference. :D)

martha, you should definitely go see them!

i think for me they're a better live band than an iPod band

not that i've seen them live except for on TV

but everyone i know who's seen them live has been completely blown away

I Read in the Winnipeg Free Press this morning that the Arcade fire are very likely to come to Winnipeg in September. :drool:

I'm torn b/c I'm supposed to fly up to San Francisco to see them with a friend on June 2nd, but it looks like I might not be able to make it due to work. However, down here I have no one to go with (I'm the only AF fan in my bunch), so if I get a ticket tomorrow it will have to be a single.

what to do, what to do? :huh:

martha said:

WTF??

It's like it was a fake pre-sale. :mad: :mad:

I am not a fan of presales. Without exception, I have always gotten better tickets to anything and everything, including U2 shows, in general sales. Doesn't stop me from trying, though. In the Bjork presale for Red Rocks I was offered row 26 and wasn't allowed to throw them back and choose again. I waited until the general sale and immediately got 8th row.

martha said:
Go by yourself! Never miss a concert because you have to gl alone.

Fine! Fine! I'll go! Jeez! :|

hehehehe Yeah, I decided to just get a ticket and go alone. So I got Section "B", Row "J", Seat 22. The thing is, I can't tell from the seating chart which part of Section B I'm in, because it has Section B split into 4 distinct pieces. So I guess I'll just find out when I get there.

Anyway, again Martha just like Radiohead, we're going on different nights. I couldn't go to the Tuesday show b/c my friend pulled the "friend card" and got tickets for us to see Lisa Gerrard at The Orpheum Theatre. So my AF ticket is for the Wednesday show.

Anyhow, it will be me and 2,000 perfect strangers. Wooo Hooo!

FitzChivalry said:

Fine! Fine! I'll go! Jeez! :|

hehehehe Yeah, I decided to just get a ticket and go alone. So I got Section "B", Row "J", Seat 22. The thing is, I can't tell from the seating chart which part of Section B I'm in, because it has Section B split into 4 distinct pieces. So I guess I'll just find out when I get there.

Anyway, again Martha just like Radiohead, we're going on different nights. I couldn't go to the Tuesday show b/c my friend pulled the "friend card" and got tickets for us to see Lisa Gerrard at The Orpheum Theatre. So my AF ticket is for the Wednesday show.

Anyhow, it will be me and 2,000 perfect strangers. Wooo Hooo!

Good for you!

I almost went Wednesday night, but Thursdays are busy days at school, and I didn't want to be tired or miss it, so I decided to go Tuesday night. Sounds like I would have gotten a better seat if I'd tried for Wednesday night. :angry:

I hope they're still opening when they come to Florida sometime this decade :drool:

I've really gotten into Boxer and I'm sinking my teeth into Alligator.

Apparently, the Arcade Fire tour resumed in San Diego last night!!!

I see them in 5 days!!!

from those active AF boards:

No it was just a book with blank pages.
Here is the set list if anyone is interested:
1) Black Mirror
2) No Cars Go (New version)
3) Haiti
4) Wake Up
5) My Body is a Cage
6) Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
7) Intervention
8) Ocean of Noise