Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Win's scrapbook:

Hello Friends,

I am backstage at the venue in Oslo and just had to make the very sad decision to cancel the rest of the European tour. I have been suffering from a sinus and bronchial infection for the last 3 months, and last night in Stockholm I finally pushed my voice and body farther than they are able to go.

Last night I kept yelling at the monitor guy because I didn’t recognise the sound that was coming out of the monitor as my own voice, and it took me until the second song to realise that the sound was coming from me. Today I can barely speak, or make any sound, so finishing the shows is no longer possible.

I have had several doctors advise me to cancel shows weeks ago, and I have been trying to push through, but for my own health and safety I need to have sinus surgery so I can get better and start the recovery process.

We are all very sad, because we were very much looking forward to playing these shows, and we could not imagine cancelling a show unless it was physically impossible to do. We apologise to the fans that have been waiting to see us, and we promise to try and come back as soon as it is humanely possible.

We would like to thank everyone who has been coming to the shows, and the outpouring of love and support for our music that we have felt.

Wish me luck with the doctors,
And see you soon

Luv

Win

i was supposed to be at the concert now. :(

they wont be back here before the fall, at the very earliest.

i hope getting tickets wont be a nightmare by then.

hope win gets better before the american tour. what kind of surgery will he need, btw?

U2Man said:
i was supposed to be at the concert now. :(

they wont be back here before the fall, at the very earliest.

i hope getting tickets wont be a nightmare by then.

hope win gets better before the american tour. what kind of surgery will he need, btw?

i'm sure they'll have incentives for those who already had tix man.

He needs sinus surgery :(

It sounds like it's probably better that he has this surgery now, though, than to wait any longer, since it seems like something that could really screw up his voice.

I was just listening to AF this morning for the first time in a few weeks, too.

Latest News
The Arcade Fire's Vancouver Stop Confirmed!

The Arcade Fire today announced their Vancouver area appearance on the upcoming North American tour. On May 24, the band will perform outdoors at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby, BC. Tickets will go on sale through Ticketmaster on Saturday, April 7 at 10:00 AM.

I think I burned out on Neon Bible before the album even came out. :(

I'm sure my concert in May will change that though. :happy:

Whoo hoo! I am going to see them! :dance: Got a 3rd row Orch left center aisle seat this morning for the May 8th NYC show at the United Palace. Yay! :hyper:

Just wanted to say...

Neon Bible: What a fantastic album! :combust:

Keep The Car Running
Intervention
Black Wave/Bad Vibrations
The Well & The Lighthouse
Antichrist Television Blues
Windowsill
No Cars Go

(gold! right there! :drool:)

Black Mirror
Neon Bible
Ocean Of Noise
My Body Is A Cage

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Zootlesque said:
Just wanted to say...

Neon Bible: What a fantastic album! :combust:

Keep The Car Running
Intervention
Black Wave/Bad Vibrations
The Well & The Lighthouse
Antichrist Television Blues
Windowsill
No Cars Go

(gold! right there! :drool:)

Black Mirror
Neon Bible
Ocean Of Noise
My Body Is A Cage

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Didn't you just say this about OK Computer? :wink:

Irishteen said:

Didn't you just say this about OK Computer? :wink:

Was it that obvious?

;)

Yeah, I listened to a bunch of CDs in my car today including this one, OK Computer, Tori Amos' To Venus & Back, Pablo Honey, Strokes' Is This It and Live's Throwing Copper.... all great albums with the exception of maybe Pablo Honey which is still pretty good! :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Was it that obvious?

;)

Yeah, I listened to a bunch of CDs in my car today including this one, OK Computer, Tori Amos' To Venus & Back, Pablo Honey, Strokes' Is This It and Live's Throwing Copper.... all great albums with the exception of maybe Pablo Honey which is still pretty good! :drool:

Impressive list, I had a strange craving for albums today as well but it was all guitar stuff

4 Pink Floyd albums (A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, The Wall, Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here :drool: ) then I listened to Television's second album Adventure :drool:. Now that's a good day full of music :wink:

Zootlesque said:

3 unbeatable classics right there! :drool: :love: :combust:

Floyd :drool:

Definitely :drool:

and a momentary lapse has a couple of brilliant songs on it, even if it is barely a "floyd" record

Guess...I should say something about Neon Bible as well for the sake of being on topic...ehh NEON BIBLE ROCKS!...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom