Arcade Fire, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Are there any Arcade Fire fans on here? I'm listening to Funeral now, and it is absolutely incredible. :drool:

Lancemc said:
Best live show I've ever seen.

I would have loved to have seen one of the Vertigo Tour Leg III performances in Canada (preferably Toronto with Discotheque!) that had Arcade Fire as the support act!

I'm a huge fan. I think "Neon Bible" is a stronger album all around than "Funeral", but I love them both. They're one of the best bands out there right now. They've got a very unique sound.

As good as seeing U2 on the last tour was, AF pretty much blew them out of the water with the Neon Bible tour in terms of passion and energy. U2 in their prime? I can't make such a comparison. But these days, hot damn...

I'm a huge fan - I saw them twice last year, and they're incredible live.

There's a long, existing AF thread around here somewhere, but it's probably fallen way, way back in the pages.

I'm a mild fan. I've liked some songs (Rebellion and Intervention are fantastic) but have found some of their other popular songs (Keep the Car Running, No Cars Go) to be overrated.

I won't make a full review till I finish their first two albums, as I've only heard some songs so far.

I'm a casual fan. I like their music, and absolutely love a few individual songs (Intervention = :drool::drool::drool:) but Win Butler as a singer puts me off - I find his voice and overall presence really dour and humourless and lacking in the playful quality their music possesses. And I thought they were merely okay when I saw them live at the Big Day Out earlier this year; granted it probably wasn't the ideal setting for their music but I also think that this whole big collective thing does nothing for me.

I really, really enjoyed what I heard off of Funeral (Wake Up, Rebellion Lies, the Neighborhood songs) but for some stupid reason I lost all interest in them right before Neon Bible came out and I never gave myself a good listen to that album.

Keep The Car Running was cool, I guess.

I do have a crush on that girl, though. What's her name, Regine something? Yeah, she's A-OK in my book.

I love Arcade Fire but surprisingly, I like Funeral better than Neon Bible because I think it's more upbeat and not as dark. I love Rebellion and Neighboorhood #1.

Cute Irish Bono said:
I love Arcade Fire but surprisingly, I like Funeral better than Neon Bible

I don't think that is surprising in most people's books. It is in mine though. :lol:

digitize said:

I would have loved to have seen one of the Vertigo Tour Leg III performances in Canada (preferably Toronto with Discotheque!) that had Arcade Fire as the support act!

Arcade Fire never opened for U2 in Toronto, Dashboard Confessional did. They did, however, open for U2 in Ottawa and Montreal, and I was in the front row for all three! :D

GirlsAloudFan said:

I do have a crush on that girl, though. What's her name, Regine something? Yeah, she's A-OK in my book.

She looks marsupial-esque. Sarah Neufeld, on the other hand...

I liked Funeral, but I was disappointed with Neon Bible. At this phase I'm pretty much indifferent to them.

impy13 said:

Sarah Neufeld, on the other hand...

:up:

Funeral is much better than Neon Bible, as it feels more genuine, intense, and has that raw emotion necessary for a record to really move you. NB is simply a very good record that has many good songs and few bad songs, but it's missing that "it" factor.

I was a casual fan until I saw their show, and now I'm a huge fan. Amazing passion and energy. The only concert I've been to that was better was U2 in Philly when the Boss showed up for the encore.

I saw Arcade Fire in Philly, 2004, in the First Unitarian Church basement shortly after Funeral came out. It was one of those shows that seemed like a landmark in which some rock critic might paraphrase Jon Landau by saying "I have seen the future of rock n' roll and its name is Arcade Fire." I think Funeral was the best record I heard that year, but Neon Bible is pretty good too.

They are amazing, I love 'em. Saw them in Sydney and was just blown away. Im so keen to see what they do next - I have high hopes!

Sarah and Regine :drool:

I saw them perform live on the T.V. (I know not that same as live in concert). But I was totally blown away! They know how to collabrate so well together!

Power Out > Rebellion (Lies) make for the best 10 minutes of live music I've ever seen...

Back
Top Bottom