Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was more referring to not wanting to hear their leak opinions.

Gotcha. I was just saying you have nothing to worry about from me. With their steady decline, this album is guaranteed to suck, so I wouldn't listen to it before or after the release date.

I was joking, by the way.
I have the album pre-ordered and I intend to hold out.

I'd like to hold out, but a lot of that is going to depend on when mine ships. If it's not here on release day, I don't know how I'll be able to help myself.

I'll probably just post something like "JAMES MURPHY :combust:"

james-murphy-red-bull-lecture-500x325.jpg

:drool:

The whole thing is interesting, but I liked these two quotes:

Q: You’re an acquaintance of Bono. What have you observed and learned from him about being a pop musician publicly championing what are, for lack of a better term, Third World causes?

A: Everyone has their own talents. It’s up to the individual to see what you can actually do. For Bono, he realized that he was already a cartoon character, so you might as well be a cartoon character who can actually get a lot done. I think he’s done incredible work. I think people don’t understand the nuts and bolts of what happens, particularly when you’re trying to convince the Netherlands, say, to give 0.5 per cent more of their GDP to the Third World. It gets really abstract. Whatever, I think he knows what he’s doing and that he’s going to take a lot of shit for it.

Q: It is a pretty trippy record, though: very dense and layered. Even the danciest songs are not straight-ahead, stripped-down dance songs.

A:
Yeah, we’re a weird band. I don’t really understand why we’re as big as we are. We’ll see! We’re kind of playing this weird game: “Hey, we have a big new single! Play it on the radio! Oh wait, it’s seven and a half minutes long.” Maybe it will work, maybe it won’t. To me, the best-case scenario is what we have already, where we can play before 100,000 people in Montreal without ever having had a hit single. God help us, I hope it stays that way.
Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler on ‘Reflektor’ and Haitian influences - Arts, Music, Web Features - Macleans.ca

I wonder if we'll get an early preview this week ala what Pearl Jam did with itunes a couple weeks ago.

Wow. I really think this album may be something special.

I like Afterlife much more after hearing the studio version.

I'm going to hold out on listening to anything new until the album is out.

I hope it doesn't take forever to ship ... I did the preorder thing from their website. Maybe it comes with a download of the album on release day. I can't remember.

I'm in for the Saturday show! (Couldn't try for Friday because I am going to Pearl Jam then) Plus I tried on some old dresses I had that I couldn't fit into anymore, and they fit! So I am good with the dress code now too. :D

How did you like it?

My friend and I went the Friday night - we were front row at the 'fake stage' :( . My friend told Win how disappointing that stunt was and Win told him to go f**k himself. My friend gave it right back to him and they went at it for a few, amusing minutes.

Otherwise, great show! And I loved how the rest of the night turned into a dance party with Win as the dj!

Back
Top Bottom