Arcade Fire, a.k.a. The Reflektors.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd been wondering what had happened, as I saw someone post a Tweet after the NYC show that mentioned the stunt/prank/fake-out was dangerous. Now I know. Sounds gross.

This 'fake stage' is a truly idiotic idea. I don't understand how anyone in the band would sign off on this, given how potentially dangerous it is.

It's just so stupid and unnecessary.

21l3azb.png

:lol:

As for the exchange between Win and us, it did get quite heated. I called it amusing because looking back, Win's reaction was so over the top that it can only be considered amusing. He was condescending, rude, pouty, etc.

Bomac - I'm not sure where else they had done the stage switch as I believe it was only their second gig this year (the first being the Salsatheque in Montreal).

To elaborate a bit more - I wasn't going to confront Win as I wasn't that bothered by the stage switch unlike my friend (who found it disrespectful towards the fans, especially after asking the fans to dress up in formal clothes or a costume but then manipulating them) but that changed after my friend told me Win told him to ' Go fuck' himself.

I waited for Win to return to the dj booth before expressing my own disappointment with the stage switch as I had driven 8 hours from Toronto for the show (not entirely true as we were making a weekend trip of it). He was incredulous and very condescendingly stated 'You came down for a show?! You came down for a show?!' (As a 'Montrealer', he should know people drive further than that for hockey games). My friend started to talk but Win freaked on him and said 'You're internalizing, man, you're internalizing all this!'. He then went on about how this was the 'smallest fucking venue they've ever played or will ever play and how there wasn't a bad seat in the house' (I agree with this statement but this didn't stop my friend from rattling off smaller venues they played on the last tour, lol).

Win just got all pissy and angrily said 'I'm sorry the show sucked for you'. We told him he was missing the point (admittedly, I didn't have much of a point, I just wanted to stick up for my friend) but Win was having none of it and some other guy who was with him in the booth (and possibly also an AF member because he was wearing the same costume as Win) hugged us and told us 'everything would be alright'. LOL!

Unfortunately, my brain is wired a certain way, and it will be at least a few months until I stop using "it was an art project" to excuse away errant behavior on my part, or anyone else's, for that matter.

12. JOIN US IN PRAYER THAT REFLEKTOR DOES NOT TURN ARCADE FIRE INTO U2... ANY MORE THAN THEY ALREADY ARE. Because it could. Reflektor is like Mad Men or a Mercedes or Jonathan Franzen’s Freedom: whether or not you like it, the quality of the art and the scale of the accomplishment are undeniable.

From the Spin article after getting an advance listen..at Electric Lady Studios, no less.

I figured I should clarify that I did not actually write that. But you probably already guessed that.

BoMac set this record years ago.

:lol:

Unfortunately, my brain is wired a certain way, and it will be at least a few months until I stop using "it was an art project" to excuse away errant behavior on my part, or anyone else's, for that matter.

Me, I was hoping that "You're internalizing" would be the line we all picked up from this.

I think he's taking the piss out of his posts in general.

This album comes out in Germany on Friday. I think in going to fly out there. I want this album sooooo bad lolz!1

haha I won't go there but I'll tempt you with information you don't have lol :wink:

Aw shucks Laz :love:

Nope not one of those situations..I just truly do not want to get in shit over someone who doesn't appear to be returning anytime soon..but if one of our friendly mods were to come in and give me the green light I'll definitely share why what Pfan wrote was so hilariously close to the truth The Lie.. :lol:

Or, there are other ways of discussing, of course :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom