Arab Strap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Ewen told me about this band and I'm strangely attracted to the almost-bizarrely-thick accent of the singer dude. Can anyone give me some info and point me in the right direction in terms of first CD I should buy?

The guys in Arab Strap are from Glasgow (Scotland), which explains their accent. They're on Matador Records --check them out here http://www.matadorrecords.com/arab_strap/

I really dig them, and this one time a guy I was training as a DJ decided to play them in his mini set, and when he was reading the song list on-air, he says "and that was Arab Strap--oh crap, can I say that on air? that's a bit dirty isn't it?" And, haha, innocent me had no idea why that was dirty and I had to have the guy explain it to me. :confused: :shocked:

Anyway, I think their 2000 album "Mad For Sadness" is their best. Check it out.

, the boy with the

a favourite belle & sebastian song.

i only know two actual arab strap songs ('who named the days', 'love detective') but they're pretty good. maybe i should do some detecting myself...

:heart: arab strap. Yep, mad for sadness is the way to go, I think. :) I have The Red Thread and Philophobia too, which are good, but the live mad for sadness album is really good. Malcom Middleton (who is in arab strap) has his own album too. (I think aidan does too, but i've seen malcom live, so that's' the only way i know about that...)

they're at present recording a new album due for an autumn release. According to Aiden - "I'm afraid a North America tour is a long way off". However, they're playing in Glasgow next month at King Tuts. So there you go Pax, good excuse for you to come over! lol.

Back
Top Bottom