Aquafina Source Is Same As for Tap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got Philk? said:
This might be a good idea for some...and others might scoff at me.

I can NEVER find it in my frugal heart to buy bottled water.

So, you say "but I hate how my tap water tastes!" My family and I did too when we lived in Iowa. However, we would simply put the water in a jug or bottle...and place it in the fridge. Maybe it was just because it was so cold, but the taste that was there out of the tap was gone after sitting in a fridge for a while.

I still do this, though our water tastes GREAT to me right now. :yes: Just a thought.

that's what i did too! i have a pitcher of water in the fridge. i think it's great!

I have an Aquafina bottle here on my desk at work that I just fill up at the water fountain every few hours. :shrug:

I even drank tap water in Africa, so I think I can manage to down the American stuff alright. ;)

Mountain Dew Ma said:
aquafina is the shittiest tasting bottled water there is and this explains it. its has a very soft taste which makes for a dulling sensation in your mouth.

Exactly. It's repulsive to me; I can't even drink it. Same goes for Dasani.

Phil, one of my roommates would store water in jugs in the fridge but we insisted she stop doing it because there were 3 of us sharing a smaller-than-average fridge and for her to take up half of it with water was completely unreasonable.

For some reason I think Evian tastes very weird. Cant drink it.

I stick to my Brita filter at home or arrowhead / crystal geyser.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
My local tap water is gooood :drool: However, I would not drink tap water in southern Illinois (just across the river from me) because it is not so good. Personally, I prefer my local tap water to bottled water because, to me, bottled water just tastes flat, or else like a plastic bottle :shrug: I've been drinking good ol' Paducah, Kentucky water for 22 years, and it hasn't killed me yet.

I'm still highly amused by the blind water taste test that ABC's 20/20 did in New York City a couple of years ago. Citizens were offered several different plastic cups of water and told to rate them. As I recall, the K-Mart brand American Fare (which was the cheapest of the bottled waters tested) came in first. New York City tap water (which they got from a water fountain in Central Park) tied for third with another brand of bottled water, and Evian came in last (several people grimaced when they tasted it, it was hilarious :lol: )

I HATE Evian -- I think it tastes flat. But NYC water is the BEST!!!! If they ever decide to bottle it, I'll buy it in a heartbeat!

I use a Brita filter for all the water I use for drinking, cooking, and for my cats and dog. I have one covered pitcher I keep on the counter by the stove that I use for cooking and the Brita pitcher and another pitcher I keep in the fridge for cold water (I like drinking very cold water). I run a bunch of water through the filter every few days and fill up a few gallon jugs for the animals -- they even like it better than the unfiltered stuff.

While it doesn't taste as good as the water where I used to live, it's not too bad and, to me anyway, comprable in taste to most bottled water. What I used to have was rainwater runoff from the roof into a cistern. It was filtered once before it got to the cistern and then again when it came into the house. That was great tasting water. Plus I didn't have to buy it. :)

Last edited:
I really don't care for the bottled water Starbucks sells - Ethos. It tastes flat to me.

I never noticed a weird taste with Aquafina or Evian ... apparently I don't have very discerning tastes. :wink:

unico said:

:lol: my friend from jersey says that! i dunno why but it makes me giggle every time. i just like the sound of it! ive got a boring midland accent.

Yeah, I've got a Philly accent, which is better than New York or Boston cause we don't skip the letter "R" in half of the words.

Back
Top Bottom