Apprentice Finale - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Apprentice Finale

I am very pissed about the finale. I thought both Randal and Rebecca were qualified and I said to my wife that Trump would hire both.

After he hired Randal and then made it clear that something else was going to happen, I thought, here it is, he will hire Rebecca too. Then he gave the decision to Randal and I thought Randal would say to hire Rebecca too since I thought they had respect for each other and he even said that she was like a little sister.

Instead, Randal said that this was not the Apprenti and that there should be only one winner. Well, that is fine, maybe there should be only one winner. However, Trump already chose Randal, making him the winner of the competition. Randal was already hired, meaning that the choice of whether to hire Rebecca was now a business decision, not a part of the game anymore. Randal was still viewing it as a game, even though Trump just said that this was not a game to him, it was business.

Ultimately, Randal made a selfish decision, not a business one. Now, if Randal truly thought that she did not belong in the Trump organization, then maybe I could understand him saying no. But Randal kept saying how much respect he had for her, so if he truly thought she was underqualified, then he had been lying for the entire show.

So either he made a selfish decision when he should have been making a business one or he is a liar. Either way, I think much less of him now.

You could tell that Trump truly expected Randal to say to hire Rebecca as well. Trump should have then fired Randal and hired Rebecca.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:16 PM
I agree w/ you, I semi-followed the season and I thought he was testing him, that he would fire him and hire Rebecca after he said that. He wanted to be the star and not share, maybe an egomaniac like Trump likes that sort of thing, I don't know.

I don't think any of these people will end up w/ permanent jobs w/ Trump anyway - I don't think any of the past winners have. I think that show has run it's course.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I agree with what you're saying, but Trump never should have put Randal in that position. Randal was somewhat selfish, but he wanted to be the sole winner, is that so wrong? Now, he comes across looking like a huge penis. Trump should've hired both at the same time or hire Rebecca after the fact and let Randal have his moment.

Not taking anything away from Rebecca, but she certainly milked that ankle injury for everything it was worth. It was a freaking broken ankle not a spinal cord injury.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:04 AM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 06:16 PM

I loved Randal all season and wanted him to win...but I really lost a lot of respect for him due to his decision.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 10:16 PM
I think it was rediculous for Trump to put Randal in that position. I loved randal all season, I think he is a very smart guy. It was his night and the past aprentices didn't have to share the title, so why should he. Back in season 1 Kwame was probably better than rebbeca and he got jack shit from Trump. But I dont think we need to worry about Rebbeca she'll probably find a better job than Randal one day.

Shes only 23 and shes hot.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I loved Randal all season and wanted him to win...but I really lost a lot of respect for him due to his decision.
You took the words right of my mouth Bonochick. Had Rebbeca won and Donald asked her if her should hire Randal , the feel for sure she would of said yes.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
War Child

I don't know-I think RAndal was right-the show is called the Apprentice!! Not the Apprentices...anyways I think it was dunb of the Trump to put Randal in that position he just should have said you are both hired and that was that. Anyways I like Randal and have since day one..i think Rebeccas voice is like nails on a blackboard, though.

And I think Bill, winner of season one, still works for Trump. He was on the show alot this year.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
i think Rebeccas voice is like nails on a blackboard, though.
Amen to that.

I cringed everytime I heard her say "Mr. Trump"
Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
I don't know-I think RAndal was right-the show is called the Apprentice!! Not the Apprentices
Re-read my original post. Randal had already been picked and been hired. He was the winner. At this point, he was making a decision as an employee. But he thought about himself instead of the organization.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

Re-read my original post. Randal had already been picked and been hired. He was the winner. At this point, he was making a decision as an employee. But he thought about himself instead of the organization.
I think's that a bit of a stretch to say that he was making the decision as an employee. He had won 30 seconds prior to Trump asking him. Wouldn't you be caught up in the celebration rather than already thinking as an employee?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

I think's that a bit of a stretch to say that he was making the decision as an employee. He had won 30 seconds prior to Trump asking him. Wouldn't you be caught up in the celebration rather than already thinking as an employee?
True, but if I was caught up in the celebration, I would like to think that I would be a little nicer towards someone that I had said was like a little sister.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:49 PM   #12
War Child

I am so happy that Randal won....if it were me I would have hired Rebecca as well ... It was a little selfish of him(Randal) but I can see why he wanted to be the one and only winner. He was caught up in the moment .... Both of them deserved to be hired IMO.
I hate rebecca's voice as well
Old 12-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

True, but if I was caught up in the celebration, I would like to think that I would be a little nicer towards someone that I had said was like a little sister.
Fair point. I think if you asked Randal today, he probably would have a different answer. I would like to think that he was just caught up in things either that or he is a fantastic bullshitter.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

Fair point. I think if you asked Randal today, he probably would have a different answer. I would like to think that he was just caught up in things either that or he is a fantastic bullshitter.
I actually do wonder if he feels really bad about it today.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
War Child

Quote:

I actually do wonder if he feels really bad about it today.
I bet he does feel like a big jerk.... Rebecca was on the Today show today and she was really classy and graceful about the whole thing she said that she would have hired him if she was in his shoes. She was also offered some kind of job for Yahoo.