Appreciation for Madonna's ballads!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Say what you will about Madonna but I don't have any sort of guilty pleasure with her music. Her ballads especially, over the years have been so gorgeous! Whether it's Take A Bow/You'll See, This Used To Be My Playground, Live To Tell, Rain or Oh Father, the woman sure does write some beautiful songs! Even serious 'rock' connoisseurs ( or snobs ;) ) can't deny that.

Okay I admit. This thread is a reaction to her ballads collection Something To Remember that I was listening to on my way back from work. :wink:

Last edited:
I have liked Madonna since she started. There's just something so "in your face" about her energy and feistiness in her performances and in her personality that I guess I've admired. She's always been out there, with an edge to her style and has done a lot to move the music fads along over the years she has been in the limelight. She is a very successful businesswoman also. I'd love to meet her! I've got all her cd's and I think my favorite is Bedtime Stories. I also love Like a Prayer...her songs tell stories and are controversial, bringing messages to young and old while testing the limits of censorship at times.

Aardvark747 said:
Is 'La Isla Bonita' a ballad? I dont think it is. But still, that is my fave!

How about 'Frozen'?:drool:

Sure. I think they qualify. Frozen is gorgeous! The video too! :combust:

Zootlesque said:
Say what you will about Madonna but I don't have any sort of guilty pleasure with her music. Her ballads especially, over the years have been so gorgeous! Whether it's Take A Bow/You'll See, This Used To Be My Playground, Live To Tell, Rain or Oh Father, the woman sure does write some beautiful songs! Even serious 'rock' connoisseurs ( or snobs ;) ) can't deny that.

Okay I admit. This thread is a reaction to her ballads collection Something To Remember that I was listening to on my way back from work. :wink:

Don't feel ashamed, Zootlesque. I feel the same way about some of her music, I can easily admit that - and I have tried to explain to various "rock" friends that this is the reason why she has sold around 200 million albums. It's not all just hype and shit.

Re: Re: Appreciation for Madonna's ballads!

U2Man said:

It's not all just hype and shit.

I agree. Remember, she comes from a time when Top 40 was actually good! (and I do sincerely believe that) Unlike her followers like Britney and Christina who're all hype and not much substance.

Re: Re: Re: Appreciation for Madonna's ballads!

Zootlesque said:

Remember, she comes from a time when Top 40 was actually good! (and I do sincerely believe that) Unlike her followers like Britney and Christina who're all hype and not much substance.

OF

THE

DAY

!!!!

:bow: :bow: :applaud: :applaud:

I don't care at all for Madonna, but Crazy For You is THE slow dance standard of my roller-skating-rink-birthday-party-having generation. What a great song.

Back
Top Bottom