appreciate the who...now and then

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
i think this is time....

the album wire & glass i think i listened to it like 10 times tonight:love:

all the old ones are amazing..

who are you
my generation
behind blue eyes

omg i just love them

Pete Townsend at the Freddie Mercury tribute..yummy:drool:

some amazing musicans.....Keith was hot i must say

Can you see the real meeee, doctor?.... doctor?

The Who are awesome! :rockon:

But I only have their greatest hits and Quadrophenia, that's it.

bono_212 said:
Is it worth seeing them without the whole band?

Only Keith had died when I saw them, and not too long before, either.

I'm not all that interested in "The Who" as only Daltrey and Townshend. I think if they had the balls to tour as "Daltrey and Townshend" I might respect them a bit more. But we've all heard me carry on about this already.

:love: The Who

And see Martha's post - I agree.
And if the price of tickets were in this hemisphere, I might consider going, except I don't want to hear 5-10 new songs all in a row, as phillyfan stated in his review :shrug:

i blame CSI for killing "who are you" for me, but i don't think i ever liked it that much anyway. and if i ever see that commercial that uses "magic bus" again, someone might die. "my generation" strikes me as overrated, or at least it does outside of whatever 1960s context it originally had (given my age, i don't know if the impact was real or something VH1 made up to boost ratings). "won't get fooled again" is another story. that song kicks ass. i liked it a lot when i was little, and i still like it a lot, along with most of the songs (read: not the underture/overture filler things) on tommy and "i can see for miles."

you know what song is really awesome? "i can't explain." i don't even know why, it just is.

and quite possibly the single best scene in any episode of house is when house is rocking out to "baba o'riley."

sorry, i only know tommy, who's next, and miscelanous hits from best ofs. but i'm still jealous of...i think it's hewson...someone on this site who saw them when the clash was opening for them.

martha said:
I took out my earplugs during the concert in 1980. I experienced actual physical pain due to the volume. :drool:

I saw them about 5 or 6 years later and, same here. :uhoh: But it was bliss.

I lost interest in them after that but I was glad I saw them when I did, and wish I'd seen them earlier.

I saw them much later as part of some event at MSG with a bunch of other people and by that time Daltrey's mic-swinging schtick was already embarrassing.

But I did see Daltrey on 57th Street in NYC once. Short and leathery tan, just like you know he is. But every rock star is short next to me, lol.

I had the wonderful opportunity of seeing The Who in Winnipeg in 1976. The cost...FIVE BUCKS!!! And this was WITH KEITH MOON!!! The Who (circa 2006) are coming here October 3rd. The cost...TWO HUNDRED BUCKS!!! What a stupid stupid time we live in.

joyfulgirl said:
Short and leathery tan, just like you know he is. But every rock star is short next to me, lol.

:)

There was a girl in the bathroom at one of the shows I saw in 1980. She was freaking out about how short Roger really is. Her eyes were huge and her hand was at her ear level to show just how small he really was. And she was no giant.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I love Pete Townshend's work. For me, the pinnacle is the Who's last performance together on film, doing "Who Are You" in The Kids Are Alright (the movie). Pete just... rocks.

Behind Blue Eyes is such a beautiful song, i just wish they hadn't ruined it by turning it into a loud rock song in after about 2 minutes in.

That annoys me. A lot. I've never listened to that song all the way through 'cos it annoys me so much.

Anyway, they're a great band.

Pinball Wizard is my fave i think, followed by Substitute :drool:

Back
Top Bottom