Appreciate: Andrew WK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Honestly, this is the ultimate guilty pleasure for me. Great keyboard-infused, punk rock-y bouncy party music.

Let's take a moment to appreciate the lead guitar hook of Party Hard, the keyboard backed breakdown intro of I Love NYC, the abandon of I Get Wet - I love this shit.

Nothing makes me want to chug German beer and play Madden and shout more than I Get Wet.

So appreciate, bitches :cute: :up:

Great album cover as well.

coverandrewwkigetwetkb0.jpg

Robbie Williams Rock DJ?
Fuck off, Party Hard makes Robbie look like a super-pussy.

This is the second time this week I've had to check the first post to make sure I wasn't reading a thread from 2001 (the other was the Mclusky thread).

I do love that album cover, though.

this is making me take a trip down memory lane

back in my junior year of High School, the girl that sat next to me in Art class was completely in love with Andrew WK & Weezer. She even had a picture of her and this WK guy.
She always made fun of my music taste especially Radiohead and Bjork. Years later she added me to her myspace and what was her entire page a shrine to? Radiohead :|

meegannie said:
This is the second time this week I've had to check the first post to make sure I wasn't reading a thread from 2001 (the other was the Mclusky thread).

Hey, good music isn't hampered by petty things such as time. :wink:

But yes, I LOVE this album. There's not much in this world that can get me as pumped as when I'm listening to "Party Hard" or "She is Beautiful." One of the best power pop albums in (somewhat) recent memory.

What else can I say? The guy can rock. :rockon:

Has anyone heard any of his other albums, by the way? What I heard from The Wolf seemed alright, and apparently he released an album in Japan sometime last year - haven't really checked that one out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom