APPRECIATE and step it up, WHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
getting. pissed.

my boss is gone until sunday. the only new development is that apparently some guy from in town (i'm sure, that's what we call inner las vegas) also applied. we know nothing about him. he could be the greatest employee that has ever been employed in the history of employees for all we know.

i'm working with the woman i went against and the tension is THICK.

just another loverly day at the library.

:huh:

Your recital of the Dewey Decimal system backwards speaks volumes...:up:

Hey...:lightbulb: tell me a good librarian joke; you know they're out there, you've heard 'em...come on, tell me one and then another...pleeze with a :wink:

dewey decimal??

pfffft.

we're straight up library of congress, yo.

:nerd:

i don't know any librarian jokes, Mr. BAW.

do you?

i mean, do you think librarians are joke?

do you?

is that it?

huh?

:mad:

check out this site cleasai sent me, though. it's pretty funny.

http://www.librariangear.com/

(to librarians)

i'm sure.

edited to actually ADD the link.

Last edited:
Chickens in Libraries
A chicken walks into the library. It goes up to the circulation desk and says: "book, bok, bok, boook".
The librarian hands the chicken a book. It tucks it under his wing and runs out. A while later, the chicken runs back in, throws the first book into the return bin and goes back to the librarian saying: "book, bok, bok, bok, boook". Again the librarian gives it a book, and the chicken runs out. The librarian shakes her head.
Within a few minutes, the chicken is back, returns the book and starts all over again: "boook, book, bok bok boook". The librarian gives him yet a third book, but this time as the chicken is running out the door, she follows it.
The chicken runs down the street, through the park and down to the riverbank. There, sitting on a lily pad is a big, green frog. The chicken holds up the book and shows it to the frog, saying: "Book, bok, bok, boook". The frog blinks, and croaks: "read-it, read-it, read-it".
How many academic librarians does it take to change a light bulb? Just five. One changes the light bulb while the other four form a committee and write a letter of protest to the Dean, because after all, changing light bulbs IS NOT professional work!

How many catalogers does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one, but they have to wait to see how LC does it first.

How many cataloguers does it take to change a lightbulb? Only one provided it is in AACR2.

How many reference librarians does it take to change a light-bulb? (with a perky smile) "Well, I don't know right off-hand, but I know where we can look it up!"

How many reference librarians does it take to change a lightbulb? None if it has a LCSH heading.

How many library system managers does it take to change a lightbulb? All of them as the manual was lost in the last move (or flood).

How many library managers does it take to change a lightbulb? At least one committee and a light bulb strategy focus meeting and plan.

How many library technicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Seven. One to follow approved procedure, and six to review the procedure. (8 if you count the librarian they all report to)

Q: What happens when you cross a librarian and a lawyer?
A: You get all the information you want, but you can't understand it.

There was a young couple from Delhi
Who went around belly to belly,
Because, in their haste,
They used library paste
Instead of petroleum jelly.

What did one math book say to the other math book?
" Do you want to hear my problems?"

What does the librarian say when she has to leave?
Time to book!

What did the book called "Chills" say to the other book?
" I feel chills running down my spine!"

What is a book's favorite food?
A bookworm

What's the difference between an accountant and a dectective solving the Case of the Stolen Book?
One's a bookkeeper and one's a bookcaper

Why did the librarian slip and fall on the library floor?
Because she was in the non-friction section.

What does a library book wear whenever it leaves the building?
A pager.

Where was the librarian when the lights went out?
In the dark!

i mean, all we really do is help people do stuff that they could very well do themselves

and then act all superior about it

What does the librarian say when she has to leave?
Time to book!

i'm totally gonna say this all the time now

so i had a few beers last night (which is awesome because its 6:01 in the morning and i have to be at practice in 30 minutes) while i was helping some friends get ready to move (we all tend to go in waves).
so, im like "what are you guys doing tomorrow night" and they are like "we dont know" and im like "its better then yours". and they were like, "damn right, its better then yours" and im like, "i could teach you, but i'd have to charge".

wait. what?
ok, back to the story.

so, i say, "i have a house now with a big yard and, you know, like a real kitchen and stuff. we could have a RAIBE*" and they are all, "sweet"

so i come home last night and send out an email to about 20 people and make the RAIBE Call and now i dont want to have people over.

*RAIBE: "RANDOM AND IMPROMPTU BEER EVENT"

oh well thats AWESOME!

and, by the way, your text message was SPOT ON. i completely thought it was about the job when you called!

ok, im back from work and im looking more forward to my bbq tonight
now i have to clean the garage, the kitchen, and the den.

:angry:

then i have to go to sams and buy like 4892 cases of beer, hot dogs, burgers, and blah blah blah. im out of scotch so i have to get some more of that shit too.

random fact:

I'm listening to "Straight Outta Compton" by NWA (reaaaaaaaaaally loud) and I'm watching "Blow Out" on mute.

what the fuck?

bonosgirl84 said:
baby loveslaves :cute:

Not saying never....but soooooooo not ready right now :no:

I propose RAIBE stand for Random And Impromptu BOOZE Event since beer is yucky :down: I just bought an extra large bottle of Kahlua yesterday :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom