APPRECIATE and step it up, WHA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King of Stepping Up:

05-albert-pujols-action-01-sm.jpg

I'll tell you what I don't appreciate, a 12 hour bridal shower/bachelorette party. :angry:

Oh yes, 12 hours.

Let me give you the run down on the day's activities:

*shower and purse party--> 11:30-4:00 pm. (a design your own purse, not a knock-off purse) costs $$$$

*"Intimate Things" party and drinks
change location to chicago hilton
6:00-7:30 pm

*Dinner 8-10 pm
-->$50 for dinner and drinks :angry:
like I have $50 to blow after the shower gift and "intimate things" gift. Not to mention the bar hopping later.
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

*Drinks
TBA after dinner

:kill:

:angry:

:huh:

:mad:

shut up

are you kidding me?!

is this tomorrow?

showers are just too much sometimes

i was a bridesmaid in a wedding about 2.5 years ago and the bride LITERALLY had 7 showers. :huh:

thats a serious truckload of money. i estimated that i spent approximately $3,000.00 to be in her wedding.
4 of the 7 showers were in chicago too.

Thank chrod I'm not standing up in this girl's wedding.

Yes, this is all tomorrow. And I'm missing fireworks night at the Sock game for it. :angry:

I spend very little money for the wedding I stood up in last week. Shocking, I know. The bride paid for manicures, pedicures, jewelry, and to get our hair done.

She also bought us a beautiful sterling silver Elsa Peretti necklace from Tiffany and Co. I was overwhelmed by her generosity. Too bad all wedding aren't like that.

thats sweet that you lucked out on that one

i have a friend who stood in a former st. louis blues player's wedding. this guy makes like $10m a year.
the bride (who i went to high school with and was SHOCKED when she invited me to the wedding because i hated her) ordered $2000 bridesmaids dresses and had a shower in Naples. she was a young bride and, consequently, her wedding party was pretty young. these girls were making like, $30K a year and couldn't afford this crap. one of them finally got the balls to ask her for help with these dresses because, well you know, her fiance is worth like $100M and she said "if you can't afford my taste then maybe you shouldn't be in my wedding".

:|

Wait, what?!

$2000 bridesmaid dresses? What a bitch! Even if it was my sister I wouldn't spend 2 grand on a bridesmaid dress. I would have been tempted to slap the shit out of her when she wouldn't help pay for the dresses.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Wait, what?!

$2000 bridesmaid dresses? What a bitch! Even if it was my sister I wouldn't spend 2 grand on a bridesmaid dress. I would have been tempted to slap the shit out of her when she wouldn't help pay for the dresses.

i know
it was so bad
and, of course, the wedding was totally tacky

can't buy taste!

go sock

:angry:

Stupid tiger. This is what i get for feeling sorry for them last year. :angry:

One of their pitchers, Maroth has to have surgery on his elbow. :happy:

Ooops, i mean :( how sad for him.

stupid tigers.

The Tiger shall fall.

Come on folks...we are talking about DETROIT!

Go Twin (talking about sucking - Twin AND Cub are pathetic this year).

I need cable :angry:

WildHoneyAlways said:
Thank chrod

that made me laugh.

seriously though, i mean, i've HAD a wedding and it doesn't matter what you do, you're still fucked. the odds are completely stacked against you. i have pics. i should post them.

:shifty:

next time, i want to have a small, intimate wedding that actually focuses on the fact that I LOVE THIS MAN.

you know?

hey feffs. good to see you.

:drama:

Let's see, where to begin?

Okay, bridal day of hell--> half of our friends who had rsvp-ed "yes" for the shower and dinner did not show. No phone call, no email, nothing. Very shady. even though the day was long it's rude as hell just not to show up when you said you would. One suuuper shady friend sends a text message this morning asking how the party was.

2nd Drama: friend from California is in town. she ends up belligerently drunk and throws herself at my brother's roommate. My sister followed her back to our brother's apartment. Brother had brought his "lady friend" back with him. Just a little awkward for all involved. My sister wanted to kill this drunk bitch. I would have left her ass. She has to be dragged out the roommates room in the morning and can't understand why everyone is annoyed with her.

drama 3: Blow out btwn 2 more friends where lame friend A gets shitfaced and thinks the bar we were at wasn't "cool" enough and starts calling friend B a "fucking bitch" loudly. :| Lame friend A proceeds to bitch at friend B for 45 minutes until she storms out crying. :rolleyes:

Drama 4: Sister's roommate has been talking to this guy. He meets us out. Other friends meet us out as well. While my sister's roommate (who is friend B above) is getting bitched out the dude she has been talking to starts to flirt with another girl we were with. Mind you, this dude is shady as hell. He came to the city with nowhere to stay hoping he could shack it up with my sister's roommate. Instead he ends up going home with another girl we were with. We got the phone call to confirm this this morning. :happy:

Lot's of stupid fighting. :huh:

joy. I'm happy to be home away from all that crap.

wow

i mean, i seriously think i've had the SAME.EXACT.WEEKEND.

i swear, something about the midwest brings this out in people. especially around weddings.

I predict The Tiger will blow it....and I am a Deeeeeeetroit gal :huh:

Anyone watching SuperGroup? I sooooooo hate the summer when all the cool shows are in reruns :sigh:

dude.

how hard is it to get cable?

i closed on my house 9 days ago and so far i have:

ripped out the seven layers of SHIT that was formally the kitchen floor
had porecelin tile installed
had all new appliances delivered and installed
had internal wireless routers installed in 6 rooms
had bose speakers put into the walls in 4 rooms
painted the kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom
had a new alarm system installed

oh