Applying For UK Work Visa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Yep, I've left it awfully late...but....

I'm planning on going over to Scotland on August 20th...and theres been a lot of mucking around, but now it looks like i'm going to be definitly able to go!

However, i was planning to stay from Aug to Dec/Jan...with the hope of getting a work visa.

Now apparently it takes 3-4 weeks to get a work Visa for the UK (it also says you should apply 3 months before)

Just wondering if anyone, preferably from Australia has gone to apply for a work visa in the UK and how long it took?...because i'm planning to leave in pretty much 4 weeks...and i know i've probably left it way to late.

Thanks in Advance!

I applied for a Visa card as well a month ago. Finally got it today, woo! :| :wink:

Canadiens1160 said:
I applied for a Visa card as well a month ago. Finally got it today, woo! :| :wink:

for the US or the UK?

I think I'll go without looking for work now, just need to save up enough to go travelling!

Also, thanks for the links Sicy.

I went to Australia on a work visa about 8 years ago and it took about a month to get it. They only have a certain amount of visa's allotted which wasn't a problem for me, but I know some people couldnt get one for various reasons. Am sure similar process going to the UK - probably worth giving British Embassy in Australia a call or checking out their website.

Canadiens1160 said:

I hope you're not talking about the credit card. :huh:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom