Apples, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like I'm in the process of pissing 3 people off in the remaster thread in EYKIW.

For a long time there was a general sense of "meh" about U2 in EYKIW. It seems of late U2 can do no wrong, though, in there. And if anyone is to speak ill of anything? WAR!

Boredom does that to them. :wink:

Come on, it's been pretty boring down that block. Hell, anywhere in Interference. I'll just spend that time looking up interesting architecture, because I can.

I'm serious. I think the 90s/00s albums sound like crap in comparison to the 80s. U2 should have been like the Beatles in that respect. If the Beatles had lasted into the 70s, their material would have ceased to be timeless. U2's music ceased to be timeless in the 90s.

I'm serious. I think the 90s/00s albums sound like crap in comparison to the 80s. U2 should have been like the Beatles in that respect. If the Beatles had lasted into the 70s, their material would have ceased to be timeless. U2's music ceased to be timeless in the 90s.

That's okay.

Oh, there's something I've been wanting to say but I'll refrain from it for the time being.

tell me how you really felt when that poster said they should release Mercy.. :lol:

Actually, I almost want them to release it. It'd go in well with their mediocrity of late. And people would stop moaning and masturbating over it.

retiring after rattle and hum... i can't even imagine :|

and then one of my favourite albums ever would never have been made :heart:

Or at least retiring as U2. They should have just turned in Passengers in the 90s in full.... U2:passengers=Beatles:Wings? :) Then they could have done something else in the 00s. Back to beginnings--The Hype!

I'm getting the feeling obtaining a visa in the US for 12 months isn't going to be that simple.

Its so confusing. I suppose it doesn't help i'm reading at work....

Oh Hai Char :wave:

Hopefully not much, either road trip across america and Follow Tori for a bit as well. This will be like, next May-July when I'm thinking of leaving.

Yeah, perfectly understandable! How's that all going, anyway? :hug:

It was really fun! May have got just a little bit tipsy...

I'm going to be back in Melbourne next week actually, any chance of meeting up then do you think?

I dunno. It still hasn't hit me properly yet. I'm gonna move out for a bit in a couple of weeks, just to get out and have some freedom!

Nice! did we get many Melbourniouns there?

Next week, coming back already eh? :) No promises again. I'll have to think about it.

I dunno. It still hasn't hit me properly yet. I'm gonna move out for a bit in a couple of weeks, just to get out and have some freedom!

Nice! did we get many Melbourniouns there?

Next week, coming back already eh? :) No promises again. I'll have to think about it.

Yeah, sounds like the best plan right now. :hug:

Ended up being me, Ax, Alison, Cin and Clint. Good times were had!

Heh, yep! 21st - 28th. Yeah I understand if you can't, but it would be pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom