Apple Unveils New IPod...It Plays Video Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Call me crazy but I won't be running out to buy a new iPod to watch video's on a tiny little screen. That's just me though. Unless they enlarge the screen, I don't see it being a huge hit.

You can walk down the street listening to music, but watching a video and walking is a little harder.

that's awesome

you can buy episodes of Lost :hyper:

and ORIGINAL :hyper:

and all the HTDAAB vids and JT vids :hyper::hyper:

merry christmas

Did U2 take $?

Or just use the ad as promo for the DVD?

It would be complete shit, if after that wonderful Springsteen speech in March about U2 being "smart, wiley Irish guys", they turned around and took $1,000,000.

randhail said:
Call me crazy but I won't be running out to buy a new iPod to watch video's on a tiny little screen. That's just me though. Unless they enlarge the screen, I don't see it being a huge hit.

You can walk down the street listening to music, but watching a video and walking is a little harder.

Oh great! Now we will have sidewalk and subway incidents....I can see it on the news now.....stupid people not watching what they are doing or where they are going, focusing on something on their tiny little iPod screen and SMASH! Or people fiddling with their iPods in their cars when they should be driving! Oh nooooooooooo and I thought people who watch DVDs in their cars are a menace on the road!

Alright well I'm going to sell my ipod, it's a 3rd gen 20 gig, but it's pretty much brand new. I'm going to buy either the new ipod with the video or the U2 ipod with the color display...

but which one do i get...

inmyplace13 said:
Alright well I'm going to sell my ipod, it's a 3rd gen 20 gig, but it's pretty much brand new. I'm going to buy either the new ipod with the video or the U2 ipod with the color display...

If you got the new Video IPod in black(they come in white AND black), what would be the difference between it and the U2 IPod? Besides the engraved signatures? And the 10 extra GB the new one has?

inmyplace13 said:

u2 with colour screen, vid is nice but a battery killer. id rather watch my vids on a 36in tv with surround sound.

namkcuR said:

If you got the new Video IPod in black(they come in white AND black), what would be the difference between it and the U2 IPod? Besides the engraved signatures? And the 10 extra GB the new one has?
red click wheel to:drool:

namkcuR said:

that's true. i'd rather have the extra ten gigs for the same price.

randhail said:

I'm the same way -- it's for listening to music! Not watching Lost on a two inch screen.

Last Christmas I got the now-defunct 40G - yeah - with the boring b/w screen. Like two weeks afterward, they discontinued it and turned to color screens...

I don't even understand the color -- first of all - who looks at their iPod while they're listening to it?

Secondly - who puts the effort into importing album images to iTunes so there's something to make the color part worth it?

The only good thing about this, is the decreased size of it... I have to admit mine's bulky.

*shrug*

schnazdoodle said:

I'm the same way -- it's for listening to music! Not watching Lost on a two inch screen.

Last Christmas I got the now-defunct 40G - yeah - with the boring b/w screen. Like two weeks afterward, they discontinued it and turned to color screens...

I don't even understand the color -- first of all - who looks at their iPod while they're listening to it?

Secondly - who puts the effort into importing album images to iTunes so there's something to make the color part worth it?

The only good thing about this, is the decreased size of it... I have to admit mine's bulky.

*shrug*

I did. I have nearly 3000 songs in my ITunes library and every single one of them has album art. It's all ready for when I get my new IPod.

You can have something engraved on the back of the IPod too if you want - for free. That's if you order from the Apple Store.

What I should I have engraved on it?

schnazdoodle said:

Like rucky, every song of my 3500 in iTunes has album art.

I have a question...I've never used a color IPod before. Is the screen permanently backlit because of the color? With the B&W IPods, there was a backlight you could turn on for a few seconds when you needed it. Has that changed, is there a permanent backlight now, or is it the same?

....this is probably old news, but you can get 10% off by selecting the student discount....(Even if you are not a student..:shh: )...and buying it online.

random question, but is anyone having issues with itunes right now? I can search for stuff but no results come up and things like the top 100 are blank. Any help would be appreciated!

randhail said:
random question, but is anyone having issues with itunes right now? I can search for stuff but no results come up and things like the top 100 are blank. Any help would be appreciated!

try getting the update from the apple site

itunes 6.0 is already out :huh:

Back
Top Bottom