Apple Unveils New IPod...It Plays Video Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can watch

the vids

on iMac screens also

@ $1.99 per episode
LOST and Housewives 24 hours after airing

other networks will follow for sure

I will wait a little longer

my bet,
is next generation will be satellite radio enabled

namkcuR said:
I have a question...I've never used a color IPod before. Is the screen permanently backlit because of the color? With the B&W IPods, there was a backlight you could turn on for a few seconds when you needed it. Has that changed, is there a permanent backlight now, or is it the same?

It's the same as the old iPod - you can adjust your backlight for different periods of time.

namkcuR said:
You can have something engraved on the back of the IPod too if you want - for free. That's if you order from the Apple Store.

What I should I have engraved on it?

"To namkcuR, with all my love.

Elle MacPherson".

BrownEyedBoy said:
Dammit, i wish I could trade in my iPod photo for the black version of this new one. :drool:

Sell it! I predict eBay is going to be SWAMPED with iPod owners selling to trade up. I did a lot of research last night on the new model and I am seriously SERIOUSLY considering gifting myself with it. I got Christmas and my birthday coming up. Hmmmmm.....and you can get yourself a nice student/teacher discount ordering off the internet. Free shipping and engraving. I'm liking this more and more! And the prices on the accessories are not too shabby either.

I'm wondering the same thing namkcur is about the engraving.

I noticed one thing though:

every artist is a cannibal
every poet is a thief

it fits perfectly... :hmm:

I am not sure how much I would use the video, but look at it this way:

One year ago $299 got you 20G with a black and white screen. Now you can get 30G with a color screen, photo and video capabilities, and it is slimmer!

Same goes with the $399 40G to 60G model.

Even if you don't like all the extras, it doesn't cost more.

inmyplace13 said:
I'm wondering the same thing namkcur is about the engraving.

I noticed one thing though:

every artist is a cannibal
every poet is a thief

it fits perfectly... :hmm:

I've been thinking about this all day. I want something that's simple, yet thought-provoking. Something mysterious. Something not overly obvious. I've come up with a few:

"2+2=5"

"For No One"

"Always Forever Now"

"Peace"

That's what I have so far. Thoughts?

Well I hadn't given much thought to the engraving. I did, however note that it is free and can include up to 2 lines, 27 characters per line. I am going to have to think about this now.....

Carek1230 said:

Sell it! I predict eBay is going to be SWAMPED with iPod owners selling to trade up. I did a lot of research last night on the new model and I am seriously SERIOUSLY considering gifting myself with it. I got Christmas and my birthday coming up. Hmmmmm.....and you can get yourself a nice student/teacher discount ordering off the internet. Free shipping and engraving. I'm liking this more and more! And the prices on the accessories are not too shabby either.

Already sold it!!

I'm buying the new one somewhere aronund Nov. 13 when I visit Miami to see my first (and probably last) ever U2 concert. :D (btw, Anybody want to meet up email me at cfernandez7@gmail.com )

namkcuR said:

I've been thinking about this all day. I want something that's simple, yet thought-provoking. Something mysterious. Something not overly obvious. I've come up with a few:

"2+2=5"

"For No One"

"Always Forever Now"

"Peace"

That's what I have so far. Thoughts?

ruck, i think 2+2=5 would be awesome. very subtle

inmyplace13 said:

ruck, i think 2+2=5 would be awesome. very subtle

Yeah I like it too, and it can mean a million different things. Ambigious.

I also thought of this: "Synchronicity". I love that word and it fits the IPod theme like a glove. Check this out...

ipod7ta.jpg

How does that look? Would it look better if I just picked one?

My son ordered himself a new iPod and it arrived yesterday. He invited me to the opening of the box and the unveiling of it. It is indeed a beautiful thing and I cannot wait to get mine ordered now! Nick's is black, I am going to get the white one. It is so small and compact.....amazing really for what it does and how much video and music, photos etc it holds! Way to go Apple! Awesome product. (just with the price was a bit more retail friendly!) :up: :up: :up: :up:

everything1fo.jpg

What do you think of that?

another possibility is...

Ultra Violet
Light My Way

Last edited:
How does the black one look, Carek? I can't decide between black or the classic white. My current one is white (obviously, it's 3rd gen) and I guess I'm kinda bored with it. Does black look good?

Back
Top Bottom