Apple Computer Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ibook g4.

my dad and i have been macheads since the 90s. i love them and will probably never use any other operating system. ever.

i'll be saving up plenty of $$ to upgrade to a new intel machine in a couple of years.

:drool:

i grew up on macs at school and just bought my first one for home use. :drool:

the first one i used was the apple II. i remember it had a red button we were absolutely forbidden to touch. i always wondered what it did. :huh:

oh yeah i forgot to say...

i've got a 2nd gen 40 gb ipod, back when you had to buy for windows or mac. thank god i found out you can format the windows ipods over to mac! :happy:

i also bought a mac mini earlier this year when they first came out. 1.42 ghz, 512 mb ram, 80 gb hard drive, and i just put tiger on it. :drool:

the rockin edge said:
it turns the computer inside out:sexywink:
i'm serious :mad:

the teachers would never tell us what it did and the button wasn't labelled. i was curious but i didn't wanna find out the hard way. i was too much of a goodie two-shoes that if something serious would happen to it i wouldn't want to get in trouble or anything.

i wanna buy an apple II not just for nostalgia factor, but also to see if i can find out what that red button does :shifty:

I've been using Macs since the original in 1984. Right now I have a Mac mini (same as yours, Khan) - I love it. I've got it hooked up to an awesome 19" Formac lcd screen - I can't decide which I like more, the monitor or the computer. :wink:

My brother just bought a Dual 2.5Ghz G5, the lucky bastard. :mad:

iv got a mac an altho its slower an my bros pcs it does protect me from viruses wen i forget your not suppsoed to download links in ppls profiles:wink:

wow, this is such a geek conversation :wink:
Ive got no impressive stats to flaunt, boys :(
But I do have a sexy laptop on my legs right now in bed :D
and it does stuff real fast, ja
and its got that badass apple on the top that lights up :rockon:

I have a 15" PowerBook G4. If I had to choose between saving it or one of you...well, let's just hope for your sake that you can rearrange all my windows at the press of a button.

typhoon said:
I have a 15" PowerBook G4. If I had to choose between saving it or one of you...well, let's just hope for your sake that you can rearrange all my windows at the press of a button.

Heh. Funny story. A couple days ago my brother was taking his G5 off the desk to look at the innards, but didn't notice that one of the dogs was lying down right behind his chair. He took a step back (with the computer in his arms) and tripped over the dog. Rather than sacrificing the computer (or the dog), he sacrificed himself. He let the computer fall down on him and it took a gouge out of his thumb and calf.

If it were a windows pc he woulda let it fall. ;)

Yay for Apple!

I've been a devoted follower... err, user... for almost 3 years now. I'm still using my trusty 1ghz PowerBook Ti, but I'll be switching to a PowerMac dual G5 in about a month.

I have an iMac (bought in Nov. 2000) and an iBook (bought in Nov. 2003). All of my home computers have been Macs.

I will stop using Macs when they pry the last one from my cold, dead fingers. I love these machines!!!

PC > Mac. Always. Although, I must clarify two things.

One, I'm a techie kind of guy. I like to 'play' with my computers. By 'play', I mean having total flexibility in customizing my computers, and that means software AND hardware. Software-wise, Macs are very flexible, no arguement. But hardware-wise, Macs use propietary hardware and it is a bitch to replace them or upgrade them. Doing that is much easier with PCs. Oh, and I HATE the one-button mice - although I'm sure there are two-button mice you can buy for Macs. But the hardware flexibility issue is one of the BIG reasons why I don't use Macs.

Two, I have to give props to Apple for trying(successfully so far I might add) to come up with INNOVATIVE ways to deal with the 21st century music industry(downloading etc) with IPod and ITunes, whereas record companies, the companies that are supposed to be coming up with this stuff, can only come up with TOTALLY UNINNOVATIVE, highly irritating, and comedically ineffective 'copy-control' software which can be gotten around by anyone willing to google it. So BIG props to Apple for what they're doing for music.

I have a 2nd-Generation(I think) 10GB IPod. When the day comes that I actually have some money to spend, I might just get newer one.

As for computers, I have a Gateway Laptop, Windows XP Pro.

Back
Top Bottom