Apple Computer Appreciation Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 10:54 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:54 PM
i hate apple computers actually i got an old one

twas about 4000 bucks and lasted for 2 years

HATEHATEHATE

Old 08-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #47
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:54 AM
just as a reminder, this is an apple APPRECIATION thread, so please don't come in here to post how much you hate apples. (this isn't directed at anyone in particular, as it's happened in this thread in the past as well.)

Old 08-01-2005, 06:10 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by uwwedoogie
SO CONFUSING AND AWKWARD...

Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 AM   #49
War Child

BUMP

I've been attempting to wait out Apple's official announcement of the the Mac Mini updated specs rather than order a Built To Order Mac Mini and hope for the best. Any advice?

Xavier
Old 10-21-2005, 04:26 AM   #50
War Child

For those who don't know what I'm talking about when I say "waiting out the OFFICIAL updated specs for the Mac Mini."

from ThinkSecret

(http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0509macmini2.html)

"Updated Mac minis arriving, details revealed [updated]

By Ryan Katz, Senior Editor

September 27, 2005
- One week after Think Secret first brought word of pending Mac mini revision, the new models have started arriving.
advertisement

One source reported receiving a 1.5GHz Mac mini Tuesday, although the box still featured the old 1.42GHz label.

The new Mac mini is designated PowerMac10,2 following the previous model's PowerMac10,1 designation. It also features an updated Boot ROM version, 4.9.4f0 from 4.8.9f4.

The SuperDrive equipped Mac mini features a new 8x dual-layer SuperDrive from Matshita (Panasonic). The drive is specified as model UJ-845, although Matsushita only offers a UJ-845-B drive. According to the company's product page, the UJ-845-B supports 5x DVD-RAM burning along with 8x DVD+/-R support, 4x DVD+/-RW support, and 24x CD-R Support. DVD-RAM support is not enabled on the Apple drive, however.

The Mac mini's graphics card remains an ATI Radeon 9200 but now features double the VRAM at 64MB. The video card remains incapable of supporting Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger's Core Image technology. The hard drives have also been upgraded to 5,400-rpm models, as previously noted.

Lastly, the new Mac mini features Bluetooth 2.0+EDR support, as noted in our original report. The Bluetooth software is version 1.6.3f2 (the previous Mac mini used 1.6.0f2) with firmware version 3.1965 (previously 2.1586).

At press time Apple had yet to mention the Mac mini update on its Web site, although it is expected to do so later this week.

UPDATE: Sources have informed Think Secret that Mac mini box labels will continue to list the older specifications with no indication of whether the newer or older systems are contained within. The motivation behind this is to help clear current inventory without lowering prices. Essentially, customers are promised that the Mac mini they purchase will have specifications "at least" equal to the label, but that their system may exceed those. Customers who purchase a new Mac mini to find they ended up with the older configuration will not be able to return the system in the hopes of getting the newer configuration without paying a restocking fee."

Xavier
EdgeVox@aol.com
Old 11-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #51
War Child

To all the naysayers.....I got a Mac Mini and I think I'm obsessed.....fucking great

Xavier
Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Old 11-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #53
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:54 PM
This christmas i can't wait to get my apple ibook g4!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #54
Acrobat

I have a question for all you apple ibook owners. Im planning on
getting a ibook soon and i would also like to get a few pc games
too and i was wondering will i need to update the ibook because
i noticed some of the specs. listed didnt seem to fit some of the minimum required for the games. Or maybe im wrong. any tips?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:54 AM
ipod = greated thing ever

the first computers i used in school were wicked old macs, and i liked them, but anything from when i was 12 and we bought a...whatever it was. i think it was a shitty, shitty compaq...i haven't gotten along with macs.

ipod, though
Old 11-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #56
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by edgeboy
I have a question for all you apple ibook owners. Im planning on getting a ibook soon and i would also like to get a few pc games too and i was wondering will i need to update the ibook because i noticed some of the specs. listed didnt seem to fit some of the minimum required for the games. Or maybe im wrong. any tips?
are you looking at games for windows compatible computers? if so, you won't be able to play them on an ibook...i'm thinking this might be the case because unless you're wanting to play some really graphics intense games and you're looking at a bottom of the line ibook, you should be fine.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:04 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:54 AM
i still love my apple

thought i would share
Old 11-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:54 AM
I love my U2 iPod, with its blue glowey screen and all It's going to last me at least another year until I upgrade to a 60gig 5th gen.

As far as Apple computers, love 'em. Used to have a Macintosh LC 575 back in the day (1995) before the brand became trendy. I'd love to get a 20-inch iMac G5, especially now they have a built-in iSight.

Well, when I have the 1700 bucks sitting around And then I have to listen to Adam Curry's podcast and he's bought like 3
Old 11-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #59
War Child

My 1.5 Ghz Mac Mini was $835 and I couldn't be happier....plus there's rumors that Intel Mac Minis will be unveiled in January...

Xavier
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #60
The Fly

I have been using macs since the tender age of about 7, which lest I tell you is a long time! From the few years at work I've had to switch to <shudder> PCs, all I have to say is Mac=Orgasmic.