Apparently, i AM going to see Moby afterall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
so zoney just called me and apparently he is working the box office tonite and has some extra tix for the Moby show. :yes:

So Lemon Meringue and I are off to see the bald-headed guy for free.

Thank you Jeff! :heart:

wooohoo!

wha--???????

*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*
*jealous*

Did I happen to mention that I'm a little envious? :sexywink:

Man, have a blast, you guys...I gotta go see if the Mobe-ster's coming to DFW....

(part deux)

ACK!!!! He'll be here this Sunday!!! Don't think I'll be going, cos...it's Sunday, and I'm old. And it's a school night. Blargh. Why do I have to be nearly twice as old as most of his fans???

visited his website - love his diary, it's very entertaining. Some funny bits:

see, leave me alone for a few hours and this is what happens.
and this is only the first day of the tour. and imagine how inane my updates would be if i started drinking and taking drugs? 'dear lampshade, you mock me with your sex. dirty lampshade. i need to bathe you. yes. shower with me, lampshade. let me gaze upon you by the fire extinguisher.
baudelaire was right when he said, 'i think that i shall never see, a lampshade lovelier than thee'. the toilet mocks me.'
yes, first day of the tour. and the tour hasn't even started.

----
and for you lucky people up in 'Minnisoota' who are going to see Moby on the first part of this tour, some more funny bits:

Tomorrow Is A New Day
7/9/2002 - Minnesota

and tomorrow being the first day of the tour i get to see all sorts of new stuff.
like the new tour buses that we've rented.
and the new t-shirts we'll be selling.
and the new stage set.
and the new trucks.
and so on and so forth.
tomorrow is new day.
well, tomorrow is today by the time you'll be reading this.
but as i'm writing this tomorrow is still tomorrow.
and tonight it's tuesday.
so by 'tomorrow' i mean wednesday.
first day of the tour.
i hope i don't suck. that's kind of the unspoken subtext to just about everything that we do, huh.from food preparation to playing a concert to building an atlatl, 'i hope i don't suck' seems to underlie it all. even spelling.
underly?
underling?
yuengling?

sigh.....

i had tickets to that. then i started working 52 hour weeks so i can have money and i gave them up. meh, i got to spend that time with one small girl with one BIG tooth pain. :( poor thing.

Cool! You'll have to let me know how the show is, 'cause I'm seeing him August 18th in Vancouver!! And if ya meet him, he is the sweetest thing!! So approacheable. :sexywink:

woohoo! Ok, I just have to say....Moby live is really really good! Meringue, zoney, and I had a blast. (Lilly, I called and you weren't home :scream: :sad: )

The little bald guy has inexhaustible energy. wow. I now know why he's thin...he never stops moving!!! :lol: So, the show was incredibly high energy, the tunes were great. Moby talking is very very funny.

Strapping on a big guitar like this...makes you kinda want to run off and join Korn or something *plays big power chord*

Well this is the first time we've played in over a year...does it sound ok? (note to Moby...you did not suck;) )

See, I'm always afraid when I reach out into the audience like that, umm, well I'm not exactly the largest guy, and this guitar is reallly heavy and if someone pulled...I'd probably tumble over and fall on my head on the guardrail. It wouldn't be the first time I've been dropped on my head tho.

She [back-up singer lady] has turned what was a 'nice little song' into a smoldering cauldron of sexuality...so now, um...we'll play the next song so that you can all be immersed in the smoldering cauldron of sexuality. :lol: :lol:

anyways, if you get a chance, definitely go see him. Really fun time. Disco, last night was a school night and it was worth the extra caffeine I'm drinking this morning to have been there. :sexywink:

I just found out he's coming here in August (no one comes here, so now I love Moby even more). So I'm definitely getting tickets. :)

Moby is cool

So thanks to Suladarling and Zoneydear, I got to see Moby. He puts on a good, high energy show. For their first night on tour I thought they seemed really tight and together. He seemed relaxed and like he was having a good time. He kept asking if everyone was having a "nice" time. That was kinda cute. He'd also go, "thankyou, thankyou, thankyou" really fast. He introduced his band and they were from all over the world including England, South Africa and Puerto Rico. His drummer is from St. Paul, so that caused quite a response from the crowd.

One nice thing was that I was not the oldest person there. (I would fall into the same age bracket as the guys in U2) The crowd was more of an age mixture than I expected. Especially with it being during the week and all. :)

If you like Moby's music, he is worth seeing play live.

I'm going to see Moby in November - I can't wait! I'm even more excited after reading this!!!!!

Funny thing is, I never even liked his music till I saw him at Slane, but he put on such a great show that I had to go out and buy "Play." Now he's one of my favourite singers :yes:

hey!

I was bummed I had to miss the Paul Okenfold part of the show (due to the throngs of people picking up tickets). But this was the second time I saw Moby. He does a good live show. He has the same stage as he had with AreaOne last year. Not worth $40, but, I was paid more than that to be there, and I had six free tickets - so no complaints here.

zoney, Paul Oakenfold was good but you certainly didn't miss much in the visuals they had going on screen. lmao. Aflac!

sulawesigirl4 said:
zoney, Paul Oakenfold was good but you certainly didn't miss much in the visuals they had going on screen. lmao. Aflac!

I'll never forget the girl with the white feather diaper (nappy)! :laugh:

I just got 3rd row center seats to see Moby at a tiny venue. I sat in the front row at this venue once before and I felt like I was on stage it was so close--too close, actually--so 3rd row should be heaven.

Of course the whole concept of seeing Moby in an outdoor theatre, with seats, seems a bit odd (vs. a club which seems like the natural environment for his music) but hey, I'm not complaining. It'll just be interesting to see how his music transfers to this kind of venue.

Back
Top Bottom