Apparently, i AM going to see Moby afterall - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2002, 06:03 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:03 PM
Moby is cool

So thanks to Suladarling and Zoneydear, I got to see Moby. He puts on a good, high energy show. For their first night on tour I thought they seemed really tight and together. He seemed relaxed and like he was having a good time. He kept asking if everyone was having a "nice" time. That was kinda cute. He'd also go, "thankyou, thankyou, thankyou" really fast. He introduced his band and they were from all over the world including England, South Africa and Puerto Rico. His drummer is from St. Paul, so that caused quite a response from the crowd.

One nice thing was that I was not the oldest person there. (I would fall into the same age bracket as the guys in U2) The crowd was more of an age mixture than I expected. Especially with it being during the week and all.

If you like Moby's music, he is worth seeing play live.

Old 07-11-2002, 06:10 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 01:03 AM
I'm going to see Moby in November - I can't wait! I'm even more excited after reading this!!!!!

Funny thing is, I never even liked his music till I saw him at Slane, but he put on such a great show that I had to go out and buy "Play." Now he's one of my favourite singers

Old 07-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:03 PM
Big Grin hey!

I was bummed I had to miss the Paul Okenfold part of the show (due to the throngs of people picking up tickets). But this was the second time I saw Moby. He does a good live show. He has the same stage as he had with AreaOne last year. Not worth $40, but, I was paid more than that to be there, and I had six free tickets - so no complaints here.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:46 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:03 PM

zoney, Paul Oakenfold was good but you certainly didn't miss much in the visuals they had going on screen. lmao. Aflac!

Old 07-12-2002, 05:46 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4
zoney, Paul Oakenfold was good but you certainly didn't miss much in the visuals they had going on screen. lmao. Aflac!
I'll never forget the girl with the white feather diaper (nappy)!
Old 07-13-2002, 01:54 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:03 PM

I just got 3rd row center seats to see Moby at a tiny venue. I sat in the front row at this venue once before and I felt like I was on stage it was so close--too close, actually--so 3rd row should be heaven.

Of course the whole concept of seeing Moby in an outdoor theatre, with seats, seems a bit odd (vs. a club which seems like the natural environment for his music) but hey, I'm not complaining. It'll just be interesting to see how his music transfers to this kind of venue.