Apart from U2, whats the best gig you have ever seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
smashing pumpkins - live in ann arbor and detroit, michigan in 2000. simply awesome. two different sets, two different venues and since i hate d'arcy so much, i'm so glad...

coldplay in 2000 in detroit - the band was so hammered, it was great.

radiohead live in chicago (hutchinson field) in 2001. great. finally made me appreciate kid a and amnesiac.

remy zero and travis (i was there for remy zero) in 1999 or 2000, in detroit. - i love remy zero and they were kinda unheard of. i was going nuts and singing all the lyrics and the lead singer (i so forget his name but he married that hot chick...) pointed and laughed (i swear in a good way) the whole concert because it was only me and two friends going ballistic. later when travis was on, they were so hammered too, it was quiet, so we all shouted up to the balcony to the remy zero guy for them to come back on and finish cuz travis was too drunk. we got the pointer finger again. highly excellent.

bruce springsteen in 2002 in detroit - i was front row and it was amazing. old guys bought me beers and it was fuckin great! plus, the show was amazing as well.

bands i'd like to see:

andrew w.k.
interpol
badly drawn boy
coldplay (again and again...)
u2 (same as above)
zwan (same)
radiohead...
blur
sigur ros - i love them right now. this stuff is great!

i dunno, i gotta go study more for my finals...sigur ros time.

i'd love to see moby again too...and marylin manson is always amusing!

Sigur Ros and Jayhawks...hands down. :drool: David gray was also VERY good in concert.

Radiohead has not been seen yet, sadly. But i'm currently confident they will give my u2 experiences a run for their money.

bad religion. at the wocester palladium, wednesday april 22, 2003.

they messed up so many songs and yet it was still such a great show.

I do not care what the rules are I have not seen a show that came anywhere near when I saw U2 at Giants' Stadium in 1987 (and I have seen them 8 times.)

Aside from that, and abiding by the rules:

--The first Lollapalooza in 1991. I ended the night wearing nothing but a pair of boots and a pair of shorts, sitting in puddle of mud in a rainstorm while Jane's Addiction was onstage playing Three Days and a girl was breast-feeding her baby in the mud next to me. It was as close to a religious experience I have ever been involved in.

--Close second was Jane's Addiction relapse tour on Halloween night in New York City - want to talk about freaks?

--Red Hot Chili Peppers in Prague in '96.

--Rage Against the Machine/Atari Teenage Riot/Wu Tang Clan in New Jersey - there was a riot INSIDE the building and state troopers came out with shotguns. Gotta love it.

--Guns'N Roses/Metallica/Faith No More - Giants Stadium NJ.

--Pearl Jam Springfield MA front row right after Five Against One came out.

--Nine Inch Nails/Marylin Manson/Jim Rose Travelling Side Sow - Madison Square Garden - I drove from Boston straight to the Garden for this one.

--Rita Marley Negril Jamaica mon! I think I left part of my brain there.

--Living Colour in an old movie theater in Upstate New York

--Tragically Hip in an old movie theater in Somerville MA

and finally I have to include Nirvana at Roseland in NYC - I have to admit I do not know what the hell was going on during the show. only some of the songs were deciferable, and those that were rocked. then boom.

those are the highlights...

So many awesome shows in here!! I was re-reading the thread and cannot believe that I didn't include INXS. Saw them on their last US tour in the summer of 1997 at the Greek Theater in LA and it was amazing, Michael Hutchence was so talented and charismatic and just the ideal frontman.

Back
Top Bottom