ANZAC Cove, Turkey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm really confused about this Swine Flu, and being in Texas, I'm getting a lot of crazed rumors and the like, but what I heard on the news said that it's just as treatable as the regular flu, and that the main concern is that the flu vaccine just doesn't protect against it. Is that true, or is it worse than that? I mean, I see it's killing people, and that really is terrible, so I was just wondering what the facts were. Does anyone have any idea, or am I better off trying to google this shit :uhoh:

who is it killing? i'd guess that it's already immuno-compromised folk, like the young, the elderly, and the sick. but that's a guess. i dunno. i'm always told, "get the flu shot!" because of the diabetes and things, but i never do, 'cause 1. why? 2. which flu will it not cover me for, and 3. why? i don't like needles, thanks. and i'm a wuss. and stuff. and i'm kinda against these shots, less than dying, but i think i'm invincible.

ok, now i'm rambling. i dunno, ash, i'd be not so quick to fear, but be like that knowingly. not ignorantly like me.

So, I'm really confused about this Swine Flu, and being in Texas, I'm getting a lot of crazed rumors and the like, but what I heard on the news said that it's just as treatable as the regular flu, and that the main concern is that the flu vaccine just doesn't protect against it. Is that true, or is it worse than that? I mean, I see it's killing people, and that really is terrible, so I was just wondering what the facts were. Does anyone have any idea, or am I better off trying to google this shit :uhoh:

I have no idea, but that sounds scary :yikes:

The Swine Flu is causing a bit of fuss over here too - I don't exactly know what's going on, but some students who came back from Mexico may have contracted it and they're being quarantined right now. :uhoh:

Hello, by the way :wave:

Shit. I just found out that the year 13 dean from my old school and his wife have been involved in a major car accident and are in critical condition, and the wife's sister died. :(

Axver :wave:

I'm back from dinner. And tracking a CD I desperately need on UPS. If I don't get it this week, my DI list is fucked.

Though I suppose there is no shame in dropping from this round and saving it for the next, instead of slapping something together at the last minute.

Oh, hey, I'm still here. Feeling bleh today. Hope you don't drop out of DI, Reggo. Shit, I'm running out of time to upload my draft list ... I hate uploading stuff. It takes fucking ages with my Intarwebz.

I'm still picking songs! Granted, I've got 23, but my list is still under an hour! :crack: Feels too short. I've got a few artists whose songs I need to narrow down and I'm buying my USB turntable tomorrow (And selling my old one with a new stylus. Superthread, if you want it, let me know), but...I dunno, I just feel so overwhelmed. And I thought making the punktastic list would be easy!

For the people who don't know, I got fairly drunk and sent him a text message at 1am.

At least you didn't drink and dial. And profess your undying love for him.

:ohmy: Oh, no, I've said too much...:silent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom