anything to recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Please recommend some tru blu cowboy music along the lines of Richard Thompson but without the singing and lyrics. I love Richard Thompson but only instrumentally. Thanks in advance.

foray

I'll think about it but right now I just wanted to say Hi foray! Long time. :wave:

I picked up a CD by a band called Friends of Dean Martinez a few years back. JUST instrumental stuff...very "America West" feeling. I like it. They were/are on SubPop.

Back at cher, joyfulgirl :) and everyone else. Thanks for the names, I hope my local store has 'em. Local store! I sound obsolete.

foray

foray.

you never call anymore.
you make me feel like trash

your neglect has me reeling

but i'm still not mad at you.

Hi again, I had another look around. I'm actually looking for very little singing. Surely there must be some record with a brooding guitar that reflects the vast expanse of the land. Less honky tonk, more twang. Is this asking too much? :confused:

foray

foray said:
Hi again, I had another look around. I'm actually looking for very little singing. Surely there must be some record with a brooding guitar that reflects the vast expanse of the land. Less honky tonk, more twang. Is this asking too much? :confused:

foray

Maybe some Ry Cooder soundtracks like "Paris, Texas"? That kind of thing? There was a film in the last year or two that I remembered had some haunting guitar in it but I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Help me out, people.

foray said:
You mean Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man? Richard Thompson again.. Anyone know records that wouldn't be soundtracks, though?

foray

Huh? No, I meant Ry Cooder's "Paris, Texas." He's done a lot of incredible soundtracks. The one for "Paris, Texas" is just one of them. Hard to get any more "brooding guitar that reflects the vast American landscape " than Ry Cooder. But now you don't want soundtracks. So I give up. :huh:

Oh wait, sorry. I just reread my previous post and now understand your response. :slant: I'm tired. But no, I didn't see Grizzly Man so that wasn't it. Anyway, I stand by my Ry Cooder suggestion.

don't make me post an angry face!

foray said:

foray

Again...were you able to find Friends of Dean Martinez...or am I going to have to burn a copy for you (probably the only option...I highly doubt you find it at the local store)?

joyfulgirl: Hmyeah I know it seems like a big ask. It's just that if there's a record out there that stands independent from any film images that would be icing on the cake. I like to imagine my own images too. But I will check Ry Cooder out. I've heard of the Paris, Texas soundtrack before and it sounds like what I'm asking for. So, thanks :)

zoney: email me foray at hotmail and I'll get it off you! Thanks a lot, mate, I couldn't find it at the store.

foray

Back
Top Bottom