Anyoneelse Here Not Believe in Music Genres

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Well, well, if its good it's good, if you only listen to one type of music you miss out on alot of stuff, plus does anyone else hate all of the genres names esp. emo, hardcore something, dark prog metal, shit housing and so on............

emo?
that is my sisters shih tzu 's name.....

I guess I like the categorizing...

its easier to find stuff in the record store that way ...i mean if ya only had 2 categories....

"good" & "crap"

the world would become a mad mad place...

I believe in music genres...with all my heart

Yea but, there are people who only listen and insist on liking one genre this is the root of all evil.

then its not the genres that bother you its the people who insist on listening to one type of music?

young people are like that.. but once thier grandpa dies on the side of the road in his car as a blood clot in his throat suffocates him...then you may tune into the morose classical station...its like background music for grief.

but then you may just tune in a gain in the spring sometime and find yourself absurdly joyful !
this goes for folk music....um...that iron maiden cassette ya forgot ya had ---- that wierd college station that seems somewhat illusive.

so cheer up ! everyone will come around in due time!

I love you Grandpa Farrell! *KISS* HUG*

ZeroDude said:
Well, well, if its good it's good, if you only listen to one type of music you miss out on alot of stuff, plus does anyone else hate all of the genres names esp. emo, hardcore something, dark prog metal, shit housing and so on............

huh??

Genres can be confusing just because there are a lot of grey areas and some bands don't really fit into one type or another (I sound like a really lame DJ :reject: )

carrieluvv said:
emo?

its easier to find stuff in the record store that way ...i mean if ya only had 2 categories....

"good" & "crap"

Good & Crap

Yep, I love to subdivide. But you are right people would miss on a lot if for instance they said they hated all punk, or all rap.

carrieluvv said:
emo?

"good" & "crap"

I couldn't help but laugh at your categories! Of course I came up with "popular music" and "unpopular music".... :huh: hmmm...maybe not. Then again, pretty much everything I listen to would be in the "unpopular" section, so it would be easy (and uncrowded) for me. :D

But really, what is so hard about flipping through cds arranged alphabetically? That's how I would set it up.

On the more broad issue of categorising music, I'm not really fond of it as it gets very confusing, and many people won't even even give music a chance if they think it's in a "bad" category. Besides, I never know what group the bands I like belong in (well, except for the delightful "unpopular" one. :rolleyes: )

I've always hated the labelling of bands and musical styles..."grunge", "hair bands" etc.
Its all just rock to me, some good, some bad.

I wonder who comes up with those names and if they ever say
ya know....i made up the name for this type of music... I said it first and it just caught on.
they nudge a stranger...
and that stranger gives em the evil eye - okaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Back
Top Bottom