Anyone with a non liking for Tenacious D?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
What can I say. That song, tribute or whatever its called is shithouse. The guy who does all the talking for the band (? aren't there only 2 of them?) has an ego the size of a small country. I heard an interview with him about a week ago, and I couldn't quite believe the shit he was spewing.
Anyone else not like them? Or if anyone does, can you tell me why?

Miffed.
:|

I think it is supposed to be humorous and satirical. I liked their video for Wonderboy because it was poking fun at all these big budget videos that have no actual point or message in them. There music isn't the best, but I don't think it is meant to be.

I just don't think they're very funny. More obnoxious than anything. The thing is, he actually has a pretty good voice when he really sings, but usually he's doing that annoying yelling/talking thing. :rolleyes:

The episode of Saturday Night Live with Jack Black as the host
was one of the most unbearable things I have ever watched. Especially the half-hour long birthday song sketch. :no:

I will say, however, that he was PERFECT in the role of Barry in High Fidelity.

Jack Black cracks me up. :lol: Must be because I first saw him in High Fidelity. :D

I think they're supposed to be obnoxious. :huh:

I remember thinking the SNL with Jack Black, ESPECIALLY the Birthday song was hilarious. I must have horrible taste.

eh

The D as a band is a silly concept, just as they are just a concept, and a spoof just like someone else said.

Jack Black I find funny at times.

I personally like them.. I've heard their most recent album a LOT, because someone I was traveling with for a few days played it the ENTIRE time. :p I love Jack Black.. he can seem very stupid and obnoxious at times, but he is a funny guy.

The Best Song in The World is HILARIOUS!!!! BAHAHA!!!
so funny!

wow. So a lot of people don't like them? I haven't heard any of these songs that have been mentioned. In fact, I think I've only seen/heard them once, 3 or 4 years ago they played on SNL and I loved it. I had never heard of them before and they were hilarious and good. I know I've seen brief clips of them since, or something, but it wasn't until after I saw Shallow Hal that I realized that Jack Black was one of the guys from Tenacious D.

Anyway. I don't have a non liking for Tenacious D, but maybe I could still develop one?

i like jack black sometimes

although he's got that scary intense manic thing goin' kind of like, say, chris farley

so i fear his head might blow up one day

Back
Top Bottom