Anyone Watch Louis Theroux?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big fan here.

I really enjoy all of Louis' programmes, although they're often downright bizarre they're always fascinating. His ability to ask his subject extremely impertinent questions but still come across as likable and curious is his great strength. He's mastered that strange mix of the naive and the knowing.

Some of his best editions are:

Weird Weekends
Meeting The Hamiltons
Meeting Jimmy Saville
Louis And The Brothel
Louis And The Nazi's
Louis Under The Knife

And the one where he joins a wrestling group is absolutely hilarious.

By far the most controversial of all his programmes is The Most Hated Family In America where Louis spends some time with The Phelps Family, a very sinister religous cult. If you've not seen it, it's well worth chrecking out and provoked an incredible amount of discussion when it was broadcast in the UK. It's chilling stuff and even Louis seems unnerved but it's perhaps the most compelling episode of the entire series.

I love Louis Theroux! But where does his show air these days? I haven't seen it or heard anything about it in years. I remember a Weird Weekend episode where he decided to see what it was like to audition for a Broadway show. It was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in my life. I cried laughing so hard. You know those rare, rare laugh-so-hard fits where you can't breathe and then the next day when you think about it you start laughing again. Well, that's how hard I laughed.

Back
Top Bottom