Anyone sold jewelery?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
I have a diamond wedding ring that my ex-wife gave back to me, partly out of guilt and partly out of kindness knowing I could use the money to pay off debt, that I'm trying to sell. I've taken it back to the store I bought it and they can't take it back or buy it back. I went to one store that does buy back high end jewlery but said the size is too small and the way it's designed it can't be resized so it would be hard to sell therefore they wouldn't buy it.

Does anyone know of people who buy back jewlery? I mean I'd hate to take it to a pawn store or an estate buyer and get crap for it. I mean it's a beautiful ring from Tiffany's, I'd hate to imagine it sitting in a pawn shop.

Has anyone been in this situation, anyone have any ideas?

I've thought about Ebay, but given the value of the item I'm very weary.

I have a friend that sold an engagement ring on e-bay. She said the key to selling it on e-bay was not calling it an engagement ring. You should simply call it a "diamond ring." People get sensitive about buying other people's engagement rings, especially when the marraige didn't work out or never happened--people might think the ring is "cursed."

My only other suggestion is to take the ring to a reputable jeweler in your area, ask iif they would sell the ring on consignment for you.

Yep.. ebay :wink:

Just be as descriptive as possible in your auction, take GOOD pictures and maybe buy a few small items first so that you can get some feedback before you sell. Most people wont buy from users with 0 feedback.. especially an expensive item like a diamond ring.

Thanks for the feedback. I have bougt plenty of things from Ebay and have perfect feedback, but I've never sold anything. I guess I can look into it.

i tried selling my engagement ring 2 years back, and nobody wanted to buy it:grumpy::lmao:

then daisy (my daughter) spoke up and said she wanted the ring, so im giving it to her when she's 16.

so it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom