Anyone seen these films?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Just so as I know whether 1 or 2 are worth seeing, if there is a good review........from anyone here?????????

smile.gif

Ali - though I bet we wont be seeing that
frown.gif

The Mothman Prophecies
The Shipping News
and The Royal Tennebums

???????????

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ali - 2
icon14.gif

The Mothman Prophecies - 2
icon13.gif

The Shipping News - haven't seen it

The Royal Tennebums - 2
icon14.gif

[This message has been edited by S|aney (edited 03-21-2002).]

Ali isnt bad, but couldve been much better. The fight scenes and set pieces are excellent, as is the acting...but the script and the camerawork is just a bit too slow. Given that the film supposedly covers the 10 most action packed years of Ali's life...that action is spread pretty thin over 3 hours.

hmmmmmm well the one I was gonna go see Ali with said she wasnt sure due to it being about the man but prob cause hes not in it Brett...........

As far as the Mothamn Prop.......we were, well Rodney, was curious on that one.......and it was said perhaps if it hadda stared someone like Jack Nicholson it mighta been better.........but sounds like its a pile of cack now..........
rolleyes.gif

Def goona go see Royal now......!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I saw Ali and Tenenbaums on that list.
Ali...so so, good acting, story focus seemed in the wrong place, dragged a bit.

Royal Tenebaums...very funny, if you like off-beat, dark humor. This one I recommend.

Hey!! Shipping News is about Newfoundland....I'm from Newfoundland.

I've heard mixed reviews but go and see it anyway. We're all pretty proud over here that we actually had Kevin Spacey right here in our very midst
wink.gif

Seriously, I think we have an interesting culture with our own unique dialect... I hope they presented it good.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Royal Tenenbaums was wonderful - sad, sweet and disturbing at the same time!

Wonderful script and acting!

Originally posted by Basstrap:
Hey!! Shipping News is about Newfoundland....I'm from Newfoundland.... Seriously, I think we have an interesting culture with our own unique dialect... I hope they presented it good.

Uhm... lol! You *may* want to see the movie... Made me want to visit NF, but never, ever live there...
smile.gif
But no disrespect intended!! Not at all! I am a fellow Canadian...

Maddie--> The Shipping News is great. I recommend it. Plus Kevin Spacey is super sexy.

I wanna see the Shipping News too, I've heard mixed reviews as well, but the bad ones not from sources I'd care to trust, rather make up my own mind.
I've read the book, maybe a year ago or something, it was really cool, and I could imagine it would translate quite well onscreen, the scenery is meant to be gorgeous too, so another reason to go, and well Kevin Spacey is a great actor, though apparently this is quite a different role for him, having read the book I can believe that.
Still wanna go though, I dont get to the cinema enough
frown.gif

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

ACH damn!

Never saw and forgot to ask til now....I see America has the film 'The Time Machine' out....please can someone let me know about that one?

It would interest Rodney, and me needy to knowy

also we are NOT going to see 'We Were Soldiers' not while its like Saving Private Ryan.........

and we did go see Beautiful Mind........actually not what I expected, but John Nash made me wanna cry..........esp near the end when those little f*kers made fun of the way he walked.........cause unfort my handicapped brother walks a little like that, and loads prob laugh and make fun of him......
frown.gif

sorry I thought BM would be very similar to Affleck and Damons film........

Yeah...we're not all physco's though...at least I hope not

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Haven't been able to see many movies lately *sob* but I did see the Royal Tenenbaums -- very, very good. I really want to see it again. It is completely excellent.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Back
Top Bottom