Anyone seen "The Grudge"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it and I didn't think it was scary at all. Normally after I see a horror flick at least some part of it comes back to scare me some. I can't really recall anything about it.

Now The Ring on the other hand scared me silly and it was done by the same guy I hear.

I haven't, but a group of teens I know went to see it over the weekend. They said it was so bad they walked out and into another movie. They said it was the WORST horror movie EVER, and it was so fake it was hilarious instead of scary. People were laughing their asses off at parts that were supposed to be scary, it was very fake, campy and predictable. Everyone dies the same way- opening the closet door. The 'monster' is a small naked Chinese boy who hisses like a cat. Be warned, if teenage boys hate it, it can't be cool.

Last edited:
lol, I saw it over the weekend...U2Kitten didn't really give anything away that you couldn't otherwise derive from the previews. Unlike the majority of posters in this thread....

:shifty:

....I thought it was actually pretty dang creepy. Maybe it was due to the group of people and audience I was with, but everyone was genuinely *involved* with the flick - there were gasps, screams, laughs - it was great! Heck, I'd go so far as to say that it was one of the best movie experiences I've had in the past few years (note: not one of the best movies, but best movie 'experiences')! :drunk:

So yeah, it was a fun, creepy little horror flick...plus Takashi Shimizu directed the flick basically shot-for-shot of his original :dance:

My roommate saw the original Japanese version about a year ago and it absolutely terrified her. She leaves the room every time a commercial for the new one comes on.

I'm going to have to see it eventually, after hearing her tell me about how creepy it is for the last year.

Back
Top Bottom