Anyone seen Keane's new video "Atlantic"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland Deschain

The Fly
Has anyone watched this video yet? I haven't heard anyone mention it. The first time I watched it I wasn't sure if I liked the song, but every listen after I have started to like it more and more! Anyone else have thoughts?

I think they picked up a few things from U2 when they were on the road with them. Like: The melodies sound a little U2ish, the video reminded me of Vertigo, and the tracks that were around them looked like part of an ellipse. I like them alot, I just don't like it when artists try to resemble other artists.

^Ok the Atlantic video is set on a beach with a Jesus lookin guy who then gets taken away by the grim reaper....

...Your thinking of the video for Is It Any Wonder, which isn't anything like Vertigo video wise...and the tracks thing running around them looks nothing like an ellipse it looks like a giant slide for a hamster ball or something.

JCOSTER said:
II just don't like it when artists try to resemble other artists.
Welcome to popular music for the last....forever. You've got to start somewhere with a sound.

The video is a piece of crap.

The song, however, grew on me as it continued from its brooding beginning to the more soaring portions at the end. If this is any indication of the album, I'm very interested to see where the band went with their sound. Despite a lot of brooding, Hopes & Fears was still a very crisp, bouncy record.

Looking forward to the new one.

Yeah I agree the video itself was just too weird for my taste but I am loving the song, I can't wait for the album.

I really enjoyed the song. I think it's a good movement for them, their sound is changing a little bit. It'd be easy to get stuck in a rut with the sound on Hopes & Fears. Brooding is a perfect word for the track. Video was kind of creepy, not sure I understand the entire thing, but I don't watch videos often so I won't have to see it again most likely. I do like the track a lot though, and I'm really excited about the album.

And, no, the 'Is It Any Wonder' video's track looks nothing like an ellipse. That's got to be one of the worst observations I've ever seen on this site.

inmyplace13 said:
I really enjoyed the song. I think it's a good movement for them, their sound is changing a little bit. It'd be easy to get stuck in a rut with the sound on Hopes & Fears. Brooding is a perfect word for the track. Video was kind of creepy, not sure I understand the entire thing, but I don't watch videos often so I won't have to see it again most likely. I do like the track a lot though, and I'm really excited about the album.

And, no, the 'Is It Any Wonder' video's track looks nothing like an ellipse. That's got to be one of the worst observations I've ever seen on this site.

Oh why thank you for your input. I did however get the songs mixed up but, that does tend to happen when your sending kids off to school and making lunches and your trying to look human.

I saw Keane when the were with the band, I thought they were really good but, if you know your U2, the beginning of the song sounds a little like an Edge riff. And it my opinion anyway no reason to be rude!:madspit:

I still think it resembles the ellipse staging.

Keane's new single

ht tp://www.save file.com/files/6089375

their new single "Is it any wonder?" if you haven't managed to listen to it...

The intro sounds a lot like Zoo Station, but it's a great song, I think...

Last edited:
Re: Keane's new single

Acrobat_Al said:

:up:

Thanks for the link Acrobat_Al!

I definitely like the new direction Keane is going... I've gotten a little bored with Hopes & Fears... perhaps because it was everywhere for a long time.

Anyway, how much do videos count for these days anyway? I like the single and I'm looking forward to the new album next month!

Is it any wonder chorus riff reminds me of Even better than the real thing, as does the video with all the spinning.

I'm sure the thought police will straigthen that out...

here's the link for "Atlantic"

http://www. save file.com/files/8839844

This song keeps getting better and better with each listen...

Atlantic

I hope all my days
Will be lit by your face
I hope all the years
Will hold tight our promises

I don't wanna be old and sleep alone
An empty house is not a home
I don't wanna be old and feel afraid

I don't wanna be old and sleep alone
An empty house is not a home
I don't wanna be old and feel afraid

And if I need anything at all

I need a place
That's hidden in the deep
Where lonely angels sing you to your sleep
The modern world is broken

I need a place
Where I can make my bed
A lover's lap where
I can lay my head
Cos now the room is spinning
The day's beginning

Hmm I am really liking Is It Any Wonder. Are they finally adding a guitarist or is that just more sneaky keyboard trickery?

I'd be nice for them to add at least a bass player so they don't have to rely on a music backing track so much live. The songs would get a lot more headroom.

HAH, that does remind me of Zoo Station. The underlying chords from the intro are the chord progression from ZS, and the guitar-sounding opener part reminds me of the bridge.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
Hmm I am really liking Is It Any Wonder. Are they finally adding a guitarist or is that just more sneaky keyboard trickery?

He used guitar pedals on his keyboards and piano to get that sound, very nice isn't??

Acrobat_Al said:

He used guitar pedals on his keyboards and piano to get that sound, very nice isn't??
Very nice indeed :D Perhaps that will give him something to concentrate on live...

...instead of looking like a douche at the piano.

Limiting themselves to just the drums and piano/keyboards, I think is what is helping fuel their creativity.....they have to be inventive to get the sounds they want etc.

Canadiens1160 said:
About the Zoo Station/Any Wonder similarities...
see this thread
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159788
:sexywink:

Thats pretty awesome how well the songs go together. Great work :)

This is one of those times for me that any similarity to "Zoo Station" just endears me more to "Is It Any Wonder?"... I like "Zoo Station"... why not like something kind of similar? :D

Re: Keane's new single

Acrobat_Al said:

thanks for that! :up:

Back
Top Bottom