Anyone seen English translation of Sigur Ros's lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theSoulfulMofo

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
All you SigurRos fans, well?

I searched the net for a few sites with translations... but I didn't know what I would make of the words... :shrug:

Well, it isnt really Icelandic. It's a made up gibberish language. Any translation is going to be quite inaccurate.

SoulfulMofo, read any review of this band. Especially ones from the first album. All of them go on and on about how the language is complete gibberish. It's like Icelandic mixed with nothing.

I'm pretty sure about this, unless all the articles I've read of it were complete crap.l

By the way, I just bought () today, I really dig it. I've been way into Sigur Ros this last week or two.

Last edited:
Hey... I'm just inquiring...

I like them... got AB and ( ) ... been into them for a few months now.

No bad feelings...

Oh, no prob man. I dont know why I sounded so mad or got so worked up about that. I really didnt mean it to sound that way. I apologize to you.

I'm a fellow fan. I've had AB for over a year. Hadnt listened to it much until about a week or so ago. I saw the video for #1 on () on MTV.com and it made me want to get () quite a bit.

For some reason I was under some impression from a lot of the reviews that () was just more of the same as AB, so I hadnt bought it when it first came out. While that is kinda true, I realized to myself AB is absolutely fantastic, more of the same would mean that there's just more fantastic music for me!!! I'm really glad I bought () today, I've been listening to a lot of punk/ hardcore music lately, definately a great change of pace.

I find the gibberish quite cool actually - shows lyrics aren't everything. It does get annoying sometimes, though, so I can't listen to Sigur Ros or the Cocteau Twins or like-minded acts unless I'm feeling really really dreamy.

Back
Top Bottom