Anyone seen "A Mighty Wind" ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
For anyone who loves Spinal Tap, Best In Show or Waiting for Guffman, the latest movie from the mockumentary group is "A Mighty Wind" - about three folk groups from the '60s who reunite for a memorial concert. The same trio that formed the core of Spinal Tap appear in this movie as the Folksmen.

The movie opened on April 16, but I have yet to see it.

Anyone so lucky?

No I haven't seen it yet but I am dying to see it! I love Christopher Guest. I think I'm going to plan on seeing it this weekend. It should be a good time:yes:

Every time I read this title, I think of flatulence.

Only God knows why. :reject:

Melon

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
This reminded me to watch my Spinal Tap dvd again this weekend before returning it to Blockbuster. Waiting For Guffman was hilarious; can't wait to see this one.

Yep, hearing about this movie inspired me to take some time from my hellish schedule this week to watch Spinal Tap.

Great minds think alike, eh?

:)

Well, I went to see A Mighty Wind tonight. It was really good, but not great. I laughed out loud several times, and other times I didn't dare laugh because I'd miss whatever was coming next. Catherine O'Hara is great, and The Man really liked Eugene Levy. Harry Shearer is a genius, and he's just so ridiculous here that it hurts.

I'd recommend it to everyone. :up:

I want to see it--it finally started playing around here.

Am I mistaken, or did I see Lainie Kazan in one of the commercials for it?

Since i don't leave myself enough time to write longer responses, I'll have to give my opinion based on the star system. No, not Kenneth Starr.....the shiny, twinkly star system :|

On a scale of 1-10 stars....

This is Spinal Tap: 10 stars
Waiting for Guffman: 9 stars
Best in Show: 6 stars
A Mighty Wind: 4 stars

I hope that clears up my opinion. I thought the movie was full of worn-out jokes that had already been told in the preceding mockumentary films. Yawn!

It did, however, have a few drop-down hiliarious, kick yourself in the ass moments. Look for Fred Willard as the Public Relations Chief Manager of the New Mainstreet Singers ("I don't THINK so!") and Eugene Levy in the hotel room ("Hello, baby....awwww....(bang, bang, bang)....I love you....Hello) :lol:

*puffs out lips* *in nasal....strange accent* Me tooo.

I loved that movie! I didn't think it was quite up to par with Best of Show, but still really damn good. Mitch was absolutely hysterical!

Back
Top Bottom