Anyone see the thruth.com commercial for Figment Cigarettes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm all about truth and their whole campaign. But what I'm weary of is the campaign that calls drug users terrorist supporters. Not that I'm a fan of drugs/drug users, but that is pretty harsh.

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Originally posted by Lilly:
I'm all about truth and their whole campaign. But what I'm weary of is the campaign that calls drug users terrorist supporters. Not that I'm a fan of drugs/drug users, but that is pretty harsh.

The commercial that states that drugs help fund terrorists is not done by truth.com, it's done by the Govt of the USA. It may seem harsh but I don't feel bad at all especially because its true. HOWEVER, it also important to remember that there are other ways terrorists get their hands on money, oil comes to mind, and the US govt certain buys a lot of oil!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

It's so funny, my mum didn't realize that it was an April's fool joke and she got all excited about it. LOL

------------------
Get your head out of the mud baby...

All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up.--Bono

My strongest trait is curiosity, I'm just lifting stones, you know, opening doors. Looking out windows, around corners, up skirts...--Bono

Yeah I saw that today too. It did make me laugh. It was way better than some of their commercials. That guy dressed up as a rat one grosses me out. I'm not really sure why. LOL!

I find truth.com commercials annoying.

I don't mind them spreading the word that smoking is bad(even though EVERYONE knows that), but blaming the cigarette companies is rediculous.

Originally posted by mikal:
I find truth.com commercials annoying.

I don't mind them spreading the word that smoking is bad(even though EVERYONE knows that), but blaming the cigarette companies is rediculous.

Why is blaming cigarette companies ridiculous?

------------------

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by zooropa16:
Why is blaming cigarette companies ridiculous?

Being a smoker, I make my own choice in lighting up. I'M responsible for MY actions.

Sure, I've heard some screwy stuff about these companies. But to put all the blame on them is rediculous.

These people who get cancer and sue the cigarette companies need to take responsibility. It was their choice to smoke.

Originally posted by mikal:
Being a smoker, I make my own choice in lighting up. I'M responsible for MY actions.

Sure, I've heard some screwy stuff about these companies. But to put all the blame on them is rediculous.

These people who get cancer and sue the cigarette companies need to take responsibility. It was their choice to smoke.

I agree that a person is responsible for their own actions, however, cigarette companies add chemicals to cigarettes that make them more addictive. That is wrong. I smoked for 7 years before I quit and my girlfriend still smokes, so I'm not trying to sound preaching here, but if the cigarettes companies were really honest, a cigarette would consist of Tobacco, and little if anything else. Cigarette companies have a long list of lies that they have told, and they only admit the truth when they are backed into a corner.

------------------

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by zooropa16:
The commercial that states that drugs help fund terrorists is not done by truth.com, it's done by the Govt of the USA. It may seem harsh but I don't feel bad at all especially because its true. HOWEVER, it also important to remember that there are other ways terrorists get their hands on money, oil comes to mind, and the US govt certain buys a lot of oil!

I know the purpose of them, I think that it's going to get a few of the kids who've JUST gotten into drugs off of them, which is good, but will piss most other people off. It's just touchy was my point.

mikal: Good point. It is your decision, I understand and honor that COMPLETELY. What truth is trying to point out is that the ciggarette companies lied for so long about the poisons in ciggarettes. Mainly, that they were lying and getting kids hooked on ciggarettes. But it is your decision in the end, so I see your point.

I find that smokers I know hate those commercials, while non-smokers love them. Curious indeed...

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

I can't stand those commericals. I agree that it is my choice to light up. As for the companies being honest and only puting tobacco in cigarrettes, I like the nicotine. Anyway, the All Smoke High commercials make me want to smoke, does this happen to anyone else? How sick is that? And I don't even smoke that much, a pack will last me a week!

Back
Top Bottom