Anyone See The Canucks Come Back To Win Against The Redwings Tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
That was very cool. They were losing 3-0 in the third period, on the road, and they come back to win in O.T. 4-3. Very cool. I can't believe they pulled it off. I thought they were cooked half way through the second period when it was only 2-0! So now they've beaten both Colorado and Detroit in O.T. this week, and they are sitting quite nicely in 2nd place in the West. Bring on the playoffs. I can't wait!

ah the Devils rallied from 3-0 down tonight against Ottawa, only to give up the game-winner with a minute left

Vancouver has a nice team over there, did I ever mention I have a Petr Nedved autographed Canuck jersey? it's not game-warn but it's the old mustard colours, really cool...

Wanderer - yes, I remember when Nedved came to Vancouver with all the hype. He was an amazing junior player. He was pretty much heralded as the next Gretzky (supposedly he kind of skates like Gretzky, though I never thought so), but he just didn't have the same vision. Still, a pretty decent perimeter player.

Is the jersey you have their road mustard jersey? That one was completely mustard. I thought Nedved came once they changed over to black? I know both their home and away jerseys (before Orca Bay took over) still had a little bit of mustard too.

As for this year's Vancouver team, I think they would have benefited a lot by adding Kovalev, but they missed out. I still think they should get Paul Kariya, who is from Vancouver. They'd be giving up too much though. Speaking of that name, Vancouver just traded his brother, Steve Kariya, to New Jersey for a young defensman. Can't remember his name, but he had a couple good shots last game.

Last edited:
sounded like a good game by all accounts. the trash talking between chelios and bertuzzi described in this article sounds like a good precursor to a growing rivalry.

from the province, by Tony Gallagher

The on-ice repartee between Todd Bertuzzi and assorted Detroit Red Wings Tuesday night must have kept the linesmen laughing all evening.

"They were calling me fat, can you believe that?" said Bertuzzi.

He was still mildly emotional from the game but cool enough to discuss Chris Chelios and Kirk Maltby, the two designated to make his life miserable for the evening by the Wings coaches, a job now assigned by every opposition coach when the Canucks take their great road act into another city.

"Fat? I told them if I'm playing 25 minutes a game, how could I be fat? That wasn't too bright. I told them, 'Is that the best you can come up with?'

"I told Chelios he's finished and should retire. I told him he just couldn't do it any more. And he can't. He should pack it in. He's finished.

"And he didn't like it. He shot back: 'I'll outlast you.'"

For the most part, the Bertuzzi-Chelios fun-fest, which began in earnest in last year's playoffs largely with the huge hit the Canucks forward made on the Wings defender in Vancouver, has been one-way, with Chelios doing most of the talking.

Given the outcome of last year's playoff series, he probably had the highest ground from which to shout.

When asked before Tuesday night's game about Bertuzzi, he was going around the Wings room trying out quotes on the media and calling Bertuzzi a "dirty" player, then declining to elaborate, saying he didn't want to make the Canuck feel any better about himself than he already does.

He said to at least two different reporters, 'What are you trying to do, get me killed?' when they would ask him to go further on everyone's favourite fued.

So after the Canucks roared back from a 3-0 deficit in their 4-3 overtime victory, Bertuzzi decided to return a little fire, the best part of it being you have two outstanding athletes who don't much care for each other letting out their true feelings.

And at the bottom of all the rhetoric, which is heartfelt, there is probably a certain respect for the jobs they do, even if those jobs are "dirty." But at the moment, neither is willing to admit any respect.

Unless the teams meet in the playoffs, which is a possibility, the next meeting between the two will have to wait until next year.

Given the 41-year-old Chelios's promise to outlast Bertuzzi, at least we know he's not planning to retire any time soon.

Yeah, that's pretty funny. Bertuzzi's been doing nothing ever since Crawford benched him. Kind of pouting if you ask me.

At least the Canucks won again tonight. They set a franchise record of 11 games without a loss. They tied it earlier this season with 10 straight wins. Yes, they're having a great year. Let's hope they carry it into the playoffs.

Anyone see Morrison being interviewed tonight? No teeth and a split lip!! He could barely speak! The poor guy. He kicked ass tonight though, scored his best goal of the year. He was amazing the other night too.

i'm giddy lee tonight because i found out Colin White is only out 1 to 2 weeks, last night it looked like his season if not career was done with the way his knee/leg had been twisted

Canucks are playing great, I'm actually glad the Devils cooled off a little, they had a 13 game stretch were their only loss was in OT, you cant keep up that sort of play forever, somewhere along the way teams tend to develop lazy habits during streaks, and then it crashed down and takes a couple of weeks to refocus

the Nedved was completely mustard, he never actually played in that jersey, they changed before his rookie year; he's an excellent skater and puck handler, but no one ever had the vision of Gretzky and who knows if we'll ever see that again in our lifetimes? still, Nedved has had some good offensive years...

wasnt that the year Primeau, Forsberg and Jagr were taken after Mike Ricci? or am I mixing things up...

Yeah, I can't remember when Jags and others were drafted. Early 90s, but that' doesn't narrow it down, does it! Did Ricci really get drafted ahead of those players? I had no idea! That's pretty funny though.

I can't believe it, I thought I had the game in the bag... crazy Canucks!

i think it was 90...the nordiques took nolan first and the canucks got nedved. i think ricci was 4th or 5th and jagr right after him. primeau, sydor and derian hatcher were all in their as well-good draft year.

if you chance the year in the url, you can find any draft year, i was going thru it here and it's amazing some of the early round pics that didnt make it... guys that your team could have picked but chose someone who never made it instead

what a great game, from the highlights of it anyway.

i cant wait for the playoffs. i hope they play the oilers and whipe their asses with them.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom