Anyone see/hear Christina Aguilera's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As you may know..or not.. I am a big lyrics person

So let us analyze the lyrics to her new single, "Dirrty"

Ooh, I'm overdue
Give me some room
I'm comin' through
Paid my dues
I'm in the mood
Me and my girls gonna shake the room
DJ's spinnin' (show your hands)
Let's get dirty (that's my chant)
I need that (uh) to get me off
Sweat until my clothes come off

It's explosive
Speakers are pumpin'
Still jumpin'
Six in the mornin'
Table dancin'
Glasses are crashin'
No questions
Time for some action

Temperature's up (can you feel it)
'Bout to erupt
Gonna get my girls
Get your boys
Gonna make some noise

Gonna get rowdy
Gonna get a little unruly
Get it fired up in a hurry
Wanna get dirty
It's about time that I came to start the party
Sweat drippin' over my body
Dance and gettin' just a little naughty
Wanna get dirty
It's about time for my arrival

Ahh, heat is up
So ladies, fellas, drop your cups
Body's hot from front to back
Now move your ass - ha, I like that
Tight hip huggers (low fo' sho')
Shake a little somethin' (on the floor)
I need that (uh) to get me off
Sweat until my clothes come off

Let's get open
Cause a commotion
We're still goin' eight in the mornin'
There's no stoppin'
We keep it poppin'
Hard rockin'
Everyone's talkin'

Give all you've got (give it to me)
Just hit the spot
Gonna get my girls
Get your boys
Gonna make some noise

Gonna get rowdy
Wanna get dirty
Wanna get dirty

Here it comes
It's the one you've been waitin' on
Get up, get it up
Yo, that's what's up
Give it just what you want, to the maximum
Uh oh
Here we go

Here we go
????????????????
That's when we take it to the parking lot
And I bet you somebody's gonna call the cops
Uh oh's
Here we go's

Gonna get rowdy
Wanna get dirty
Wanna get dirty

:banghead:

Why do I even try..... :barf:

I haven't even heard this song but
how unoriginal

Billboard Review of "Dirty"
Reported By: Gary Comments | Add

Source: Billboard

Pop princess Christina Aguilera returns at a time when the very music she fueled could not be considered less cool. Aguilera, however, is fortunate enough to have remarkable talent-although, at the recent MTV VMAs, we got a glimpse of how she intends to stake her claim in this brave new pop world: As she sauntered onstage to present an award, the "Latin" pop singer had inexplicably evolved into a full-on homegirl. Uh-huh. Of course, this new image goes in hand with "Dirrty," an all-too-busy track that offers style over substance, with Aguilera scatting more than singing. Rapper Redman's contribution is harsh-while such themes as showing one's ass, getting off, and sweating till your clothes come off pretty much pinpoint Aguilera's chosen direction. Certainly, R&B styling has become a pop survival technique, but much of today's contemporary sound relies on heavy production gimmicks and rappers du jour because the singers can't hold their own at the mike. Aguilera can sing. What a shame she felt the need to jump on this bandwagon.

I must say that I was appalled by her new direction. I was going to say "shocked," but witnessing today's young popstars, it seems they will do anything to stake their claim/territory, and will go to any extreme to say "Look at me, look at me!"

So now Christina or X-Tina or however she fancies to call herself these days, has taken to the strip club. How nice. How nice that she sees the need to put forth an overly sexed persona to the 11 yr old girls who made her popular in the first place. I hope this is not what we have to look forward to in the future - skank pop. Gutter pop. Strip club pop. Woo hoo.

Her new video is disgusting - but to each their own. If that's her, then, that is her. If she's doing what she wants to do, fine. Why she talks so weird when she speaks is beyond me. If she wants to be a "homegirl" and all that that implies, so be it.

Why her record company wants to expose the rest of us to that, I have no answer for other than to turn it off and put some U2 on.

uuuuuuuugh

:barf: :no: :yuck:

they played a snippet of it on the radio this morning :no: and afterward the DJ goes,

"The song (or album, I can't remember) is called Dirty. Followed by the word 'skank'."

Ugh i hope this gets NO airplay. it really really sucks. (so the sound lives up to the lyrics, pretty much) :down:

You really summed it up well. It's a shame she has gone this direction, because out of everything that's out their right now, Christina is one of the few that can actually sing.

HelloAngel said:
I must say that I was appalled by her new direction. I was going to say "shocked," but witnessing today's young popstars, it seems they will do anything to stake their claim/territory, and will go to any extreme to say "Look at me, look at me!"

So now Christina or X-Tina or however she fancies to call herself these days, has taken to the strip club. How nice. How nice that she sees the need to put forth an overly sexed persona to the 11 yr old girls who made her popular in the first place. I hope this is not what we have to look forward to in the future - skank pop. Gutter pop. Strip club pop. Woo hoo.

Her new video is disgusting - but to each their own. If that's her, then, that is her. If she's doing what she wants to do, fine. Why she talks so weird when she speaks is beyond me. If she wants to be a "homegirl" and all that that implies, so be it.

Why her record company wants to expose the rest of us to that, I have no answer for other than to turn it off and put some U2 on.

I caught the last half of it on Much the other day. I was shocked to say the least. See... Britney did the video for "Slave..." Christina obviously felt she had to up the anty. :shrug: Apparently there is a parental advisory at the beginning of the video. Niiiiice. :huh:
It's sad what people are doing these days to entertain... to make money. Kinda turns you off 'sex' in a way. I said kinda people :sexywink:

The song is so damn annoying. I hate how she exagerates the last part of like every word. dirTY!!! Pisses me off.

its better than that bon jovi, or nickelback shit you people rave about.

ofcourse its still an awful song.

I've heard Christina and Britney say things like, "I'm a girl...I want to be sexy...what's so bad about being sexy?", etc.

What they fail to realize is that there is a difference between sexy and trashy.

Bonochick said:
I've heard Christina and Britney say things like, "I'm a girl...I want to be sexy...what's so bad about being sexy?", etc.

What they fail to realize is that there is a difference between sexy and trashy.

You said it, girlie.
:wave:

I dunno, isn't she like 21 now? Or at least 20?

She isn't a teenager anymore.

Madonna did, Janet Jackson did it, Brittney did it, hell, even Leann FREAKING RHIMES is doing it now.

It being that weird sexy phase these artists all go through.

The thing is, I always thought Christina had a great voice and was reallly pretty, but that was without the make up. Oh well, sex sells.

I was talking to a co-worker of mine recently who has a 14-year-old daughter about the styles that are being promoted to teenage girls nowadays, and I mentioned the foot-and-a-half of fabric that Christina Aguilera wore at the VMA's. She said that her daughter couldn't wait to tell her about it?because she thought it was ridiculous!

Hopefully there are a lot of other teenage girls who feel the same way. This tarting up of teen-oriented singers might not go over like the businessmen think it could, and wouldn't that be a great thing!

Well i haven't seen that, but i have seen the "Lady Marmalade" - it's worse?!?

IMO not only can Christina make it without looking cheap (Genie in a bottle - what was wrong with that look? not the dancing scenes but the rest), but i think her voice isn't best used.
She should be singing songs in the vein of Mariah Carey or Celine Dion - more "adult" pop if you know what i mean.

U2girl said:
Well i haven't seen that, but i have seen the "Lady Marmalade" - it's worse?!?

It makes Lady Marmalade look like Disney. You can see quite a bit of her ass and if it weren't for a small bit of fabric, you'd see her :censored: too.

Shocking is a good word for it. Not only that, but I think she looks truly "dirty". Not dirty in a hot, sexy kind of way, but dirty as in someone who hasn't bathed in a while. She looks like she smells bad.

Dirty skank sums it up pretty good. Bad song too.

*Edited to add that the song sounds alot like a rip-off of Bootylicious.

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

:up: Class over trash

And yet most of you worship Madonna???

Although I've neither heard the song nor seen the video I already hate Christina and doubt this song will will change anything. Still, Madonna did the same and worse 15 years ago. Madonna not only dressed like a stripper, she PLAYED a stripper in one of her videos (True Blue?? Open Your Heart??) It's been years since I've seen the video but I believe she strips for the gratification of sailors, scary old men...and a LITTLE TEN YEAR OLD BOY.

Christina and Britney aren't in Madonna's class as performers but if you're looking for someone to blame, then Madonna's your girl.

MAP

p.s.- anyone notice that it's usually women complaining about these sort of video's? Maybe I'm just being too much of a guy here but I've been known to watch Britney vid's with the sound off. :tongue:

Re: And yet most of you worship Madonna???

Matthew_Page2000 said:
p.s.- anyone notice that it's usually women complaining about these sort of video's? Maybe I'm just being too much of a guy here but I've been known to watch Britney vid's with the sound off. :tongue:

I agree..

And I would venture to say that it's mostly women complaining because we expect more out of each other than to degrade our gender like Christina is seeing fit to do. While some girls don't have a problem with an overt exploration of promiscuity and an over-sexed persona.. I am more conservative in that fashion, and simply don't agree with it. :)

Recent pictures of Christina...

3356%3B7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233347%3A9536ot1lsi

3356%3B7%3A%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233347%3A87%3C2ot1lsi

Ya know...she is NOT ugly...I've seen pictures of her where she looks really nice (same with Britney). Dressing like that does NOTHING for her though...except make her look like cheap trash.

god she looks like such a skank there

stupid songs, stupid fans, it's not sexy, Gwen Stefani is sexy, Andrea Corr, Shirley Manson, Meg White, PJ Harvey... even Mandy Moore is sexy :sexywink:

Christina used to be ok, she does have a good voice, but she has chosen to waste it singing garbage

finally, one of you gets it

The Wanderer said:
god she looks like such a skank there

stupid songs, stupid fans, it's not sexy, Gwen Stefani is sexy, Andrea Corr, Shirley Manson, Meg White, PJ Harvey... even Mandy Moore is sexy :sexywink:

Christina used to be ok, she does have a good voice, but she has chosen to waste it singing garbage

*mankisses wanderer

Re: Re: And yet most of you worship Madonna???

HelloAngel said:

I agree..

And I would venture to say that it's mostly women complaining because we expect more out of each other than to degrade our gender like Christina is seeing fit to do. While some girls don't have a problem with an overt exploration of promiscuity and an over-sexed persona.. I am more conservative in that fashion, and simply don't agree with it. :)

:up: I just don't like seeing women degrading themselves when their talent (which Christina does have, in the form of her voice) should be enough. Gwen Stefani and Shirley Manson are able to show their bodies without looking trashy...Christina and Britney should take a lesson.

These girls are successful but have no respect in return. Being rich and famous means nothing if you're thought of as a joke.

I'll take class over trash any day. Just my non-jealous woman's opinon :)

Back
Top Bottom