anyone pick up the new Our Lady Peace release- "Gravity" ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a fan, I bought the CD the day it came out (I couldn't resist).

It's actually not bad. There's a few clunkers, but I love Track3 (Somewhere out there) and 4 (Innocent) and 6 (Nothing...?)

All in all, I'm enjoing it (although I liked Happiness is Not... better).

*sigh* I just wish they were touring Canda more so I could see them...

Se7en, are you a fan?

I like this album, but it is not their best effort. My favorite tracks are Somewhere Out There, Made of of Steel, Innocent (although I hate that chorus lol) , and Bring Back the Sun. I prefer the quirkyness of Happiness is Not a Fish That You Can Catch and Spiritual Machines, but I can understand them wanting to try new things.

I intend to whenever I have the money, which I unfortunately do not... *frowns a lot, in dire need of new olp*

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

Se7en, are you a fan?

Yup, very much so. I have all 5 albums and for me...this latest blows away Happiness is not a fish. Sorry, that album is just a dud for me, but I do like One Many Army, Is Anybody Home, and Thief particularly. Naveed and Spiritual Machines are tied as being their best efforts to date with Gravity at about the same level as Clumsy. Of course that's just me...

yay!! more OLP fans :D

I just got Gravity, Im listening to it now and I LOVE it. I recognised a bunch of songs from the concert I saw...Somewhere Out There, Innocent, and Not Enough are my faves right now, but I dont have one song that I dislike. I cant compare to the other albums because I dont have any of them, but I think that this album has a lot of potential because the sound seems like it would be really appealing to the mainstream. not that it matters to me, Id just like to see them do well!
anyway, yes, its a great album as far as Im concerned.

Back
Top Bottom