Anyone Like The Strokes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got "Is This It" and dig it a lot, especially since all that ridiculous uber-hype around The Strokes died down and I could just enjoy the album for what it is. It's punchy, catchy, fast and fun, :up:

As a band though I find them somewhat bland and devoid of personality; they look incredibly cool and all but I just get a feeling that there's nothing really there beyond the cool surface, :shrug: Which is maybe why they never really hooked me in a big way.

I have their first two albums, but I haven't picked up their latest one yet. :reject: I will get it eventually. :drool:

I have the first two albums as well. Is This It is really, really good. Room on Fire is good, but not as good.

I haven't heard anything off their third album.

Hells yes! One of my favorite bands ever.

Is This It? Someday, Modern Age, Barely Legal, Last Nite, Hard to Explain, New York City Cops :drool:
Room on Fire... What Ever Happened? Reptilia, Automatic Stop (favorite), 12 51 (2nd favorite), The End Has No End, Under Control, Between Love & Hate :drool:
FIOE... Razorblade, You Only Live Once, Juice Box, On the Other Side, Ask Me Anything, Electricityscape :drool:

Every single song mentioned is kick ass. IMO few bands match their poptastic hooks. I would be happy to share w/e i got if you want to get more into them.

The Strokes rock and are probably one of the most underrated bands out there, they are definitely victims of media backlash after being labeled saviours of rock and roll by the media. The new album is great, nothing revolutionary but great. I think Electricityscape and You Only Live Once are two of their greatest songs ever. Great band and totally kickass live

EdgeVox said:
The Strokes rock and are probably one of the most underrated bands out there, they are definitely victims of media backlash after being labeled saviours of rock and roll by the media.

:yes: AMEN!

Eh...I liked Is This It. It had some good songs, but was a bit dull. I never heard anything from Room On Fire that I remember...and their single Juicebox from their newest album makes me want to punch a squirrel. So, yeah...can't say I'm a fan. :|

Their first 2 albums are 2 of my favorite records of all time. The third one didn't impress me as much (though it got good reviews). I guess the first 2 albums set a pretty high bar.

One of my favorite bands of all time, hands down. :heart: In concert, they take my breath away.

I interviewed Albert the guitarist last month and he was a total sweetheart.

I love the Strokes, and the fact that David Cross is somehow involved with them make them even better.

First Impressions of Earth is by far their best album, I only hope they get better. :up:

Juicebox
Ask Me Anything
Fear of Sleep
On the Other Side
Razorblade

:drool:

I saw them back in September and they rocked. I'd actually forgotten about them for awhile, but they were playing at a college about an hour from me.

Near the end of the show they did a cover of Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" that was just :drool:

They are really great, one of my favorite bands at present. I saw them live last year and their concert is amazing, lots of energy. I agree that the media hype backlashed on them, but I guess they are much more solid now and will produce amazing records in the future.

Is this it is a great album from beginning to end. In the Rolling Stone Magazine Bono says that Boy is one the the top-10 debut albums ever. As much as I love U2, I think Is this it is comparable in terms of greatness for a debut. Barely Legal and NYC Cops are :drool: Not to mention Last Night, Someday, Soma...

Room on Fire sounds a bit too much like Is this it, but it is still very good. Give a try to Under Control and The End Has No End.

And First Impresisons of Earth took them to another level imo. Some truly great songs in there, like Electicityscape, Ize of the World and Heart in a Cage. And Juicebox is a blast!

Last edited:
I have Last Nite and Reptilia on my itunes. Haven't really checked any of their albums out. But I WAS tempted to get Is This It when I purchased Turn On The Bright Lights!

Zootlesque said:
I have Last Nite and Reptilia on my itunes. Haven't really checked any of their albums out. But I WAS tempted to get Is This It when I purchased Turn On The Bright Lights!

do get "is this it", it's really worth it!

Only really ever heard the singles that The Strokes have released.

Last Nite is one of the worst songs I have ever heard fullstop. I never wanna hear that sad excuse for a song again. It's just ugly and hearing it makes me wanna vomit.

12.51 and The End has no End are brilliant though....

Just wanted to say...

Is This It: What a fantastic album! :combust:

Is This It
Barely Legal
Hard To Explain
When It Started
Take It Or Leave It

(gold! right there! :love: )

Someday :drool:
Alone, Together :drool:
Last Nite :drool:

The Modern Age
Soma
Trying Your Luck

Take It Or Leave It is my favorite song I think. This album is so freakin catchy! :rockon:

Zootlesque said:
Just wanted to say...

Is This It: What a fantastic album! :combust:

Is This It
Barely Legal
Hard To Explain
When It Started
Take It Or Leave It

(gold! right there! :love: )

Someday :drool:
Alone, Together :drool:
Last Nite :drool:

The Modern Age
Soma
Trying Your Luck

Take It Or Leave It is my favorite song I think. This album is so freakin catchy! :rockon:

Didn't you just say this about OK Computer and Neon Bible?:wink:

:giggle:

It's weird to think that "Is This It?" came out in 2001 and in 2002 they were all over every rock magazine cover and there was so much hype surrounding them.

I guess the hype has died down a lot because I rarely hear a Strokes song on the radio or see videos by them anymore.

I love The Strokes!!! It's very recent, probably a phase:wink: But anyway, my favourite song is Heart In A Cage. That guitar is just amazing:drool: and I can say that I like the depressing lyrics of the song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom