Anyone like The Church?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked that song as well.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

I just turned on MuchMoreMusic and they were playing Under the Milky Way. I always loved that song, and I also couldn't help noticing that their lead singer was very cute, 80's hair and all. Looked a little like Neil Finn, I thought.

Do they have entire albums that are worth getting?

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Yes I do- You know it is funny that you should talk about this band as I was only reminded of them last night as I went out with a friend to see Ed Keupper ( a great Aussie artist, who was playing in the Aussie band the Saints around the time that the Church were big, anyway Ed was great) but whilst waiting for him to come on last night they played Under the Milky Way over the speakers and my friend and I were saying how great a song it was......and another thing, one of my friends used to play in a band in the early 80s and her band supported The Church heaps of times- she has told me some great stories about them
smile.gif

Yes scatteroflight I was a Church fan back in the day and I was particularly fond of Steve.Very stylish.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-05-2002).]

Whatever happened to those bands "Icehouse"
and "Real Life" and "Talk Talk"?
Werent they from Oz, as well?
Curious.

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

To answer one of your questions Scatter- the best Church album to get is probably their debut 'Of skins and heart' this album dosnt have 'under the milky way' on it, however all of the songs are just as good as that one, especially 'The unguarded moment', but if you want the next best album that would be 'Starfish' and that is a great album and it has under the milky way on it......

and Diamond, yes The Church and Icehouse were Australian and I am not sure about the other bands, I dont know much about what they are all doing but I know that Icehouse are no more, and I really love their music- I recommend that if you are interested in some more recent Icehouse music then get the 1996 album 'The Berlin Tapes'- it is a collection of obscure covers done by the band- now I know that some covers albums are just crap, but this one is very slick and stylish a perfect 'chill' kind of album and Iva Davies just has one of the most smoothest voices
smile.gif

Now I do remember that song- 'Send me an angle' and I am going to go out on a limb and say that I dont think they were Australian- Aussie music in the 80s was pretty much the standard 'Oz rock' featuring bands like Inxs, Midnight Oil etc, etc- the whole new romantic movement didnt really catch on that much with local artists....but anyway I find that the best music site on the net to check anything out musical is all music guide- sorry I dont have the link (I am not on my com at the moment) but put that name in a search engine and it should come up- it is the definitive music site
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom