Anyone Like INXS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have their new album Switch? It's really really good, they got a Hutchence-sound alike.

I loved INXS with Hutch, their new singer is pretty good too and I was pleasantly surprised by the Switch album. It is really good! I saw them in concert recently and while I can’t remember the song, JD Fortune sounded and moved EXACTLY like Michael Hutchence.

Yep :yes: :drool:

Loved 'em with Hutch and saw them with him back in '93 :love: :happy:

I think Micheal Hutchence would be very happy that his mates carried on without him. The new guy fits in nicely with INXS.

Justin24 said:
Does anyone have the song where Bono finished recording Michaels last track?? If so I would like to hear it. my e-mail is marine22@sbcglobal.net. Thanks I will be waiting.

I don't have it online, but are you talking about 'Slide Away' the song they did together?

I used to have that song, Justin. I'll try and send it to you if I still have it, but don't wait for it, chances are it's been lost in the numerous HD swaps and crashes I've had since acquiring it.

Thanks. I listen to it on memorial site and what a sad, haunting song.

Angela Harlem said:
iTunes reckons I do have it. I'll email it to you, Justin.
:up:

Angela, would you mind sending it to me as well I 'd appreciate it!

u2elev8me at aol dot com

"Slide Away" is so haunting. You should pick up Michael's solo album when you're able to. It's a great disc.

Jeez, you guys are being a little harsh on the new INXS. They had to move on, right? Micheal died while they were in the middle of promoting Elegantly Wasted. I mean, he kind of fucked them the hardest. He was the one that caused their unemployment. I loved Micheal like everyone else and was especially saddened by the circumstances surrounding his death, but these guys deserve the right to go out there and continue to make a living. The new guy sounds great and INXS were very lucky to find him. To me it would be phony if they pretended like Micheal never existed. But, they aren't and JD Fortune has been very respectful of Micheal's legacy. So give these guys a break and let them continue doing what they know and love doing which is playing music. I'm very happy for them because after many years of sorrow, INXS looks happy again. Besides Micheal's family, the boys of INXS took Micheal's death the hardest and I'm sure it was emotionally tough for them to try and find a permanent "replacement" for him after he died.

MrPryck2U said:
Jeez, you guys are being a little harsh on the new INXS. They had to move on, right? Micheal died while they were in the middle of promoting Elegantly Wasted. I mean, he kind of fucked them the hardest. He was the one that caused their unemployment. I loved Micheal like everyone else and was especially saddened by the circumstances surrounding his death, but these guys deserve the right to go out there and continue to make a living. The new guy sounds great and INXS were very lucky to find him. To me it would be phony if they pretended like Micheal never existed. But, they aren't and JD Fortune has been very respectful of Micheal's legacy. So give these guys a break and let them continue doing what they know and love doing which is playing music. I'm very happy for them because after many years of sorrow, INXS looks happy again. Besides Micheal's family, the boys of INXS took Micheal's death the hardest and I'm sure it was emotionally tough for them to try and find a permanent "replacement" for him after he died.

:up: well said I think fans were more displeased by the way they got the new singer (rockstar) than getting a new singer, but they needed the promotion besides Switch is really really good, I love Hungry and Afterglow, God's Top Ten a bit cheesy but a nice tribute to Michael

I was pleasantly surprised by Switch. Afterglow is very pretty, and Pretty Vegas is loud fun.

The new music really is quite ok. I dont mind it, even like it, I spose. My objections are purely emotional and I refuse to call them INXS as they're just not. INXS was an entity before which had life breathed into it by everything that Michael was. This JD Fortune can mimic him all he wants, and do it well, but they are not INXS. I dont hold this against the newcomer with the most ridiculous name I've ever heard. No, this is The Brothers Farriss, Gary Garry Garrry Beers and Jaunty Pengilly's faults. All of them.

Angela Harlem said:
The new music really is quite ok. I dont mind it, even like it, I spose. My objections are purely emotional and I refuse to call them INXS as they're just not. INXS was an entity before which had life breathed into it by everything that Michael was. This JD Fortune can mimic him all he wants, and do it well, but they are not INXS. I dont hold this against the newcomer with the most ridiculous name I've ever heard. No, this is The Brothers Farriss, Gary Garry Garrry Beers and Jaunty Pengilly's faults. All of them.

Me same.......... i miss Michael

Back
Top Bottom