Anyone know how to uninstall GAIN??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
something that I downloaded recently has also installed this annoying pop up ad software too and I hate it...there is a folder for it in my 'programs' menu however it dosnt have an 'uninstall' feature so how on earth do you get rid of this then?????:)

I've had GAIN on two computers :mad:, and on one I was able to uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs thingy in the control panel. On the other one, it wasn't on the list of programs for some reason, so I just deleted the folder from the c:/ drive. That may be a bad thing to do, but it worked okay for me!

___
:wave: my work computer is screwed up anyway. who cares if I screw it up more?

try a program called ad-aware, it searches for spyware programs on your computer and gives you the option to remove them.
Tis quite useful
Though I think some programs (file-sharing etc) require you have their extra software to function, but if you want rid of it, this is the way to go afaik

OzAurora said:
well then I must of received GAIN when I downloaded KAZZA recently- so do you know if it will stop working if I uninstall GAIN????:)

Kazaa will stop working, but you can install Kazaa light which doesn't have the spyware and popups. I'd do a search on cnet.com or google for download sites. :)

Back
Top Bottom