Anyone here who simply cant understand beatle's music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are alot of things the Beatles did for their time that were totally unique. Their music mixed R&B with the country-twanged rock 'n roll to get a totally unique sound. And they were alway unique with their sound. Play any song from 1968 and then play a Beatles song from 1968 and you'll understand.

As for "I Want to Hold Your Hand"-- don't underestimate those lyrics. They are not about holding someone's hand and for that day and age, those lyrics were risque and cutting edge.

I agree about The Beatles, but shook my head about your "Miami" comment, that song contains some of Bono's greatest lyrics (yes I know, he tried to ruin it with the Auntie Miami my Mammy bit, but he didn't succeed)

Not everything the Beatles did was great, but most of it was well-done and better than a lot of the other stuff that was around at the time. They were ground-breaking, and those who go first are frequently ridiculed by those who follow. As was said before, without the Beatles, there would be no Ramones, Clash, and therefore, no U2.

All that said, they aren't favorites of mine, but "I Saw Her Standing There" is one of the greatest rock and roll songs ever recorded for all time, always and forever.

I'm not a huge Beatles fan...I don't know much about them, and I only own one album. However, I do adore that album.

AcrobatMan said:

you can laugh, but you may not also understand how radical LONG HAIR was back then. They influenced pop culture in a way that paved the way for others--everything from hair to art to fashion to music, and they are even credited with bringing easten philosophy to the west (something that I am personally grateful for). The western world was not the same after the cultural revolution of the sixties, and the Beatles were right there at the forefront of it. I think you really had to be there or study that period extensively to really understand how transformational a time it was. When so many great artists have followed and perhaps even transcended what they started, it may hard to appreciate how they paved the way for everyone else, but that's what they did. I can understand not liking the music, though--it's just not for everyone--and it certainly shouldn't be a Beatles vs. U2 thing. They are completely different bands and people.

Back
Top Bottom