Anyone here into Reggae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love U2

I go through music phases and I did go through a reggae phase years ago.

Bob Marley of course.. Lucky Dube was cool too.

I dont listen to it anymore. :slant:

Early Steel Pulse is good. And I mean early, like True Democracy. They play English reggae, so it sounds different from Jamaican reggae. I like Augustus Pablo, too, but in small increments. Most of Bob Marley is good; avoid the newer complilation albums. The single disc live album is good, and Exodus is a freaking masterpiece. I'll go look up the title of the live album I'm talking about and let you know later. I'm still quite limited with the whole walking around thing. :|

I've hung out w/ few reggae musicians; cool cats of course:sexywink:
well, I don't know alot about it except for marley. I went to his grave a few years back. the behind the music on him was really good I thought.
ummm,,,,anyways...marley.
yeah.
(of course I'm white).

I think people get into reggae because it has a beat and a spiritual/political message. It makes great summer music. I have been getting into dub these days.

Last edited:
I listen to some Bob Marley, but I think that's more out of respect for the man and his message. I don't really care for reggae.

I respect Bob Marley, but reggae as a music form bores me to tears. wayyyyy too repetitive. (or maybe I'm just not cultured enough to hear the differences;)) oh well. :huh:

I used to be into it more in the 80s, Bob Marley is cool, I also liked the first few UB40 albums, Signing off is an awesome album, Some of the old club classics like Money in my pocket and Police and Thieves are still worth a listen but I have not heard a decent new reggae track in years.

about anything produced by Lee 'Scratch' Perry is worth checking out
I love his Archology box

Back
Top Bottom