Anyone here heard of the Pogues? I just started to re-listen....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
to their stuff recently and they are brilliant!

My faves are "A Pair of Brown Eyes", "Sally McLennane", "Broad Majestic Shannon", "Bottle of Smoke", "Misty Morning, Albert Bridge", "Dirty Old Town", and of course "Fairytale of New York" with Kirsty McColl.

I have also seen them support U2 twice back in 1987 during the Joshua Tree tour as well as on their own numerous times in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

When the Pogues were around from 1986 to 1992, they were absolutely amazing live, sometimes on a par with the best of U2 shows that I have seen!

So Im wondering if any interferencers here who had heard any of the Pogues and/or have seen them live....tell me what they thought of them.....

Slainte!

dougal

You're kidding right? Asking if anyone heard of the Pogues? Are you trying to make me feel real old or something
smile.gif

Of course I've heard of the Pogues, seen them many times. Shane MacGowan is pretty cool.

"Token Celtic Drinking Song" rocks!

"One stiff whiskey, you can drink whatever you like..."

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

the only mystery greater then how it's possible that Shane McGowan is still alive is the mystery of how he managed to write some of the greatest songs ever

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I'm a huge Pouges fan. Shane is my hero. I think the most important Pouges album to get is "If I Should Fall From Grace..." I have it on vinyl personally. If you really love Shane also check out the newest Dropkick Murphey's album, he sings a few songs on that, but he is so drunk you can hardly understand him. Why/ Cuz he's the man!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Back
Top Bottom