Anyone here fans of Alanis??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
yeah Morissette. I was just wondering. I was really into her first two albums and they helped me musically tolerate non-U2 times, I dont know what it is but I really really really like her and she has a new album coming out.

And I've heard some of the songs (on Audiogalaxy)and I think they are really really good. I think she is almost officially now one of those artists for me that no matter what she does I will probably like it.

I think I need to go find an alanis board!

I like Alanis Morisette a lot, despite her tendency to be way-too-wordy. "You Oughtta Know" is one of my favourite "fuck you" songs,
smile.gif

I adored Jagged Little Pill, I rediscovered it's brilliance recently. I remember when it first came out I was obsessed with it, but that slowly faded and I didn't listen to the album again for about 2 years.

The second record I wasn't really into, but I'll check out her new stuff.

Jagged Little Pill was my favorite album when it came out. I was a teenage girl struggling with a lot of different things, and that album really spoke to me, and my angst.

The second album wasn't as good. But I do like a couple of songs from it. I will proboablly pick up the new album if what I hear appeals to me.

Alanis is great! I saw her last summer, she went to my city for a concert and she was brilliant, she played some new songs,too
smile.gif

------------------
don't believe what you hear
don't believe what you see

Eh, I always thought she was too whiny and bitchy for human consumption.

Yes, I love her music. I still need to get the Unplugged CD. I will say that I actually enjoy Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie just as much as Jagged Little Pill, though I know most people don't like it very much. Head Over Feet, Uninvited, and... either Front Row or So Pure are my faves.

I think Jagged Little Pill is a great album for any girl that's ever been dumped. The lines "Are you thinking of me when you f*(^ her" and "Every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it!" always get me back on my feet. wow. That's kinda bad. Anyway. . .

Originally posted by speedracer:
Eh, I always thought she was too whiny and bitchy for human consumption.

biggrin.gif

When I was in high school, I and some of my friends had an unofficial club: People Against Alanis Morissette's Music (PAAMM). A few people put together a website and they got so much hate mail that they would print it out every day and bring it to school for our mutual enjoyment.

Man I had so much fun in high school. I'm actually nostalgic for it. A few of us ended up kind of liking her anyway, of course. The short answer is no, I don't like her. I find her voice intolerable. But at least she's trying to do something artistic, unlike the likes of Britney and Co.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Back
Top Bottom