Anyone heard the new daniel lanois album? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:15 AM
Anyone heard the new daniel lanois album?

Like the title asks....anyone......anyone..bueller?

Has anyone downloaded it? Is it good?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Refugee

I downloaded it. It's really solid, and probably his most diverse album. At times, it delves into blues, gospel, and jazz. If I have to compare though, I'd say it's most similar to his album Shine.
The instrumental tracks probably stand out as my favorites. If he's writing and playing like this on the new U2, we're in for a real treat.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:15 AM
I am ashamed to admit that I still haven't downloaded it. I have all of his other albums and I listen to them quite a bit. Right now my favorite is "Belladonna". I have it on my iPod stereo at work. Because it's 100% instrumental I can enjoy it without being too distracted by words. It creates a great space. It reminds me of the live show I saw in Philadelphia in 2005 (I think).

Anyway, probably the single reason that has delayed my purchase/download of the new album is the fact that they gave me a choice between MP3 or WAV. Too bad. They shouldn't give me a choice. I don't know the difference and I don't know if I'll be able to convert to the correct format so I can actually burn it onto CD, put on iTunes, etc. I'll try to figure it out this weekend. If I have to buy two downloads of the album it will be worth it.

I post about Daniel Lanois here every once in a while. I am always stunned at the lack of interest people seem to show in his efforts. The guy is a fantastic musician, and a great artist. Without him, I don't think we would have the kind of U2 we've known over the years.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Knuckle
I am ashamed to admit that I still haven't downloaded it. I have all of his other albums and I listen to them quite a bit. Right now my favorite is "Belladonna". I have it on my iPod stereo at work. Because it's 100% instrumental I can enjoy it without being too distracted by words. It creates a great space. It reminds me of the live show I saw in Philadelphia in 2005 (I think).

Anyway, probably the single reason that has delayed my purchase/download of the new album is the fact that they gave me a choice between MP3 or WAV. Too bad. They shouldn't give me a choice. I don't know the difference and I don't know if I'll be able to convert to the correct format so I can actually burn it onto CD, put on iTunes, etc. I'll try to figure it out this weekend. If I have to buy two downloads of the album it will be worth it.

I post about Daniel Lanois here every once in a while. I am always stunned at the lack of interest people seem to show in his efforts. The guy is a fantastic musician, and a great artist. Without him, I don't think we would have the kind of U2 we've known over the years.
I downloaded the wav. files... they are much, much higher quality than mp3s, though because they are larger in size, the download will take longer. I used itunes to burn the files to cd.
no conversion necessary, just burn as you would normally
Old 01-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 04:15 PM
I am so looking forward to hearing the new album ... if it is anything like 'Shine' then I'm sure I'm gonna love it

I really hope this means that Daniel will be touring again ... especially to Australia! I saw him and his band perform (almost 2 years ago now) in Melbourne and it was just a-MAAA-zing. Probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #7
New Yorker

I been listening to him for about 20 yrs. Think i only need Rockets to own all his cds.
I hope he tours too
Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #8
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:15 PM
You can listen to snippets of his songs on Amazon
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gman
I been listening to him for about 20 yrs. Think i only need Rockets to own all his cds.
I hope he tours too
Favorite album? It's gotta be Apollo, right...if you allow it to be a Lanois album, as well as an Eno album?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...

Favorite album? It's gotta be Apollo, right...if you allow it to be a Lanois album, as well as an Eno album?
Having reviewed my previous statement....ad now like it to read I need Rockets AND Apollo

Am such a shit fan!