Anyone heard the new Counting Crows album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I have the other three, and I like them. I have to be in a certain mood to want to listen to them though. I was wondering if the new album was any good. I like the first single, "American Girls", but sometimes it sounds like they're trying too hard to be Counting Crows, if you catch my drift

I was wondering about that album. I'd like to hear what the rest of you have to say about it in comparison to their others.

LMAO :lol: at your sig, btw. :)

I bought it yesterday. It was sold at at Best Buy!! So I had to go to Circuit City

I'm still test-driving it....so to speak.....

It's actually PRETTY DARN BETTER Than I thought it would be. From the single "American Girls" I thought they'd be trying to get all poppy and everything.....

that's why I was somewhat disappointed with Sheryl Crow's latest album. She completely changed and seems to be selling out. She's just not the same :(

ANYWAY

Even though the Counting Crows get dirt fer being too whiny sometimes.... "August and Everything After" is one of my favorite CDs ever......I just think it's all brilliant. I like 'em SAD. The next 2 albums had good SONGS but weren't really good ALBUMS, in my opinion.

This.......this one might be a good album. I'll let you know after some more listens.

SONGS I LOVETH:
Butterfly in Reverse
Good Time
Miami
Goodnight L.A.

I've heard most of it too (about a month before it came out as it happens....)

I quite like it, need to listen a lot more, and get round to buying the cd (tut tut).
Lets face it, they'll never better August and Everything After, a truly classic album, but I quite like. Hard Candy, Black and Blue and Goodnight LA stand out particularly, not sure about American girls, a little too poppy for my taste maybe.

I'm still listening to it too. The first two Crows albums absolutely hooked me on the first listen, and this one has not done that. My first impression is that there are no songs on this album that have that characteristic desperation and emotional intensity that define Adam's songwriting for me, such as catapult, sullivan street, children in bloom... I've got to admit, my favorite right now is American Girls; even though it's poppy, the lyrics are pretty depressing. It kind of reminds me of Rain King. Anyway, I haven't even read the album's lyrics yet, which is half of CC's music, so I'm not dismissing it yet.

MonaVox said:
that's why I was somewhat disappointed with Sheryl Crow's latest album. She completely changed and seems to be selling out. She's just not the same :(
aww, really? i loved it...i think it's the perfect summer album to listen to.

</hijak>

1. I don't think "C'mon C'mon" is a BAD CD or anything.....it just didn't meet my expectations for her. But anyway

2. I want to be able to take some songs from "This Desert Life," "Hard Candy," and "Recovering the Sattelites" and make a GREAT ALBUM

I would put these together:

Hard Candy
All My Friends
Colorblind
Mrs Potter's Lullaby
Amy Hit the Atmosphere
Miami
Good Time
Goodnight L.A.
I'm Not Sleeping
Butterfly in Reverse
Miller's Angels
A Long December
Children in Bloom

I dunno about the order though, but THOSE are the songs I want all together I think....gah..

EVERYTHING off A&EA!!
but especially:
Round Here, Mr. Jones, Anna Begins (probably my favourite CC song), Perfect Blue Buildings, A Murder of One

from the other albums...
Angels of the silences, Daylight Fading, A Long December, Mrs Potter's Lullabye, High Life, I Wish I was a girl, Hard Candy.

CC are really one of my favourite groups, and A&EA one of my favourite albums.

[color=royal blue]Just want to say.....nice to know there are still Counting Crows fans out there. In my senior yearbook quote I included "I wanna be Bob Dylan" ~CC and one of my friends was like "who's that?" and I told her Counting Crows and she had the hardest time remembering any of their songs. Grr.....

Anyway....I'm REALLY liking "Hard Candy" today. I can listen to it all the way through. That's a good sign....
[/color]

No one has mentioned "St. Robinson in His Cadillac Dream."

And now there's a hole in the ceiling down through which I fell
There is a girl in the basement coming out of her shell
There are people who will say that they knew me so well
I may not go to heaven
I hope you go to hell

And the comet is coming between
Me and the girl who could make it all clean
Out there in the shadow of the modern machine
Walks St. Robinson in his Cadillac dream...

That might be my fave CC song ever. It seems like the bitter, sly b-side of "Mr. Jones."

Bought it today. I like it much. I was able to listen to it all the first time, something I couldn't do with the other three, even though I now love them all. I think this is just as good as A and EA personally...

Mary-Ann, you're better than the world...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom