Anyone heard the new Big Star record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, he has. I'm not sure if he's returned to New Orleans yet, or if he will, but the last I heard he was taken to Houston by the National Guard.

Haven't heard the record yet. I've heard some mixed reviews so I'm not sure if I'll ever pick it up. Frankly, I would have preferred it if they'd labelled it a Big Star/Posies record or something, but that's really probably just me being stupidly unwilling to accept that Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow are actually part of Big Star now.

i heard the first track. i can't really remember it. no wait. it wasn't the first track. it had the word february in it, that's all i remember. i only heard one song, that was the whole point.

Didn't know there was even still a Big Star, or that Alex Chilton had been missing. I saw him live years ago in NYC--great show. I'd be interested to hear what they sound like these days.

A new one, really? I didn't know! I never thought I'd see the day. There were even rumors the singer died in the Katrina floodiing.

I don't know about the new stuff, but I saw the current lineup a couple of years ago at Beale St. Music Fest, and the band sounded Great with Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow in the mix. They add a welcome sugar pop and harmony element to the classics.

Back
Top Bottom